7.3L diesel issue, advice needed

Everyone is cool so far... BUT IF you are NOT giving information to HELP him stay the hell out of the thread... Dont need people spamming this up Thanks

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

wait LOL im a fucking moron. diesels dont have spark plugs. im a dumb ass

wait wait wait... you werent joking? :rofl::rofl:

I thought he was joking too. Should have just kept quiet kranny.

edit. Posted this at the same time as the last post. I'm out of here, sorry.

No SEL, going to borrow a code reader this week to see if maybe its throwing codes but not turning on the SEL

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I'd say injectors going out as well. You could take them to a mecahnic to have them tested and then pull which ever ones read bad. Not only that but headstuds get lose over time especially if no routine maintenence was don and could cause a leak in the head gaskets. Last is that your exhaust vavles could be bent or cupped over letting unburnt exhuast escape through.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

this guy is a genius. i watch his videos from time to time.

Agreed, Ive been watching a bunch of his videos since i bought my van. Dudes pretty smart.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

How many miles are on it. The Cam position sensors are noted for going bad and check your vin number with a Ford dealership cause there is a recall on some of them. If not replace it anyways for the 26 dollars they cost. Almost sounds like the ebp (exhaust back pressure ) valve is sticking shut some also so you might wanna check that out while your there. The best way to test the injectors is to have an injector contribution test done on it. What is the build date on it ?

I had a 7.3 that did this (sputtered and blew white smoke) and i know it sounds stupid but chck the oil.....mine was bone dry filled her up and away she went. Could def be an injector issue or a blown head gasket if its pourig white smoke but thats notorious in the 6.0 not really the 7.3 but anything is possible?! Hope you get er fixed they are great motors - arguably the best ford ever put in a truck!

Archived