Sonic Electronix

Im about to start my new build which happens to be 1 18 in a wall. I know not many people are big fans of putting a single 18 in a wall but i dont have the cash for a second 18 and i have been wanting to do a wall build forever. Im building the box separately and building it into the wall. But i am curious if im going in the right direction with the idea of big aero ports in a 8.5 cubed box? I guess im just looking for a sense of direction. Any thing will help, Thanks.

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

18" DC Audio Level 4 w/ Lvl 5 soft partsAQ2200

JL Audio E6450JL Audio Mids and Highs0 gauge welding wire0/1 gauge big 3 upgrade

6 inch Suspension Lift

3 inch Body Lift

17" American Racing Wheels

37" Toyo Open Country M/T's

K&N Cold Air Intake

Throttle Body Spacers

SuperChip

4.88 Running Gears

MagnaFlo Exhaust

Nothing wrong with aeroports. Just a little more complicted to fit in to boxes some times and limited on the sizes you can use vs slots that are pretty much what you make it to be (all within the correct tuning of course). You can put slots anywhere and easier in almost any box, while trying to fit multiple aeros could be a tad bit harder.

You'll hear one is better than the other, but meh. I prefer Aero's. Circle holes, insert port, glue back flare on, screw down, done. (after knowing what size you need for tuning of course lol)

Use the Torres box calc. I'd say for 1 18 (8.5 cuft), you'll probably need 3 4 inch aero's at 6" long to tune to 33ish Htz. Is 8.5 big for that 18?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived