Sundown Audio

~500rms@2ohm amps

brandon9491

a 700 watt amp needs 2 fans in order to keep it from overheating...dont you see that as a problem with the overall design of the board?

how inefficient does an amp that small have to be in order to require 2 fucking fans for it to actually work? i'll tell you. very inefficient.

i've seen those things get HOT when not even playing anything.

a 700 watt amp needs 2 fans in order to keep it from overheating...dont you see that as a problem with the overall design of the board?

how inefficient does an amp that small have to be in order to require 2 fucking fans for it to actually work? i'll tell you. very inefficient.

i've seen those things get HOT when not even playing anything.

the best defense is a good offense? maybe theyre protecting the amp from dumb asses who turn the gain and bass boost all the way up.

we must have gotten lucky and got a good amp, no overheating/protect issues. hmmm weird

the amp still gets hot even with those little 20mm fans. its more of a design flaw in my mind, than a method of protection against ignorant users. the protection circuit inside the amp is supposed to be able to sense and react when something has gone wrong that the user caused, like overheating. people didn't go to kenwood like "i have my gains maxed out and your fucking piece of shit amp keeps getting really hot and then protects on me." LOL.

last i checked, there are no fans on an audioque 3500 nor the sundown 3500. there are quite a few amps in the few thousand watt range that dont have fans. why? because they're designed well and the heatsinks are adequate enough to dissipate the amount of heat that is created by the internals.

wire your amp to 1 ohm and see what happens.

i would never feed 900 rms to a VVX unless you absolutely know what you're doing, clipping an running over rated will get them stinky FAST, I found out from first hand experience before i turned my amp down. Sorry for the continued threadjacking.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

the amp still gets hot even with those little 20mm fans. its more of a design flaw in my mind, than a method of protection against ignorant users. the protection circuit inside the amp is supposed to be able to sense and react when something has gone wrong that the user caused, like overheating. people didn't go to kenwood like "i have my gains maxed out and your fucking piece of shit amp keeps getting really hot and then protects on me." LOL.

last i checked, there are no fans on an audioque 3500 nor the sundown 3500. there are quite a few amps in the few thousand watt range that dont have fans. why? because they're designed well and the heatsinks are adequate enough to dissipate the amount of heat that is created by the internals.

wire your amp to 1 ohm and see what happens.

buy me the dual 2 :doit:

MB Quart Fx1.600 does not do rated fyi, can do clean power yes but not rated. Try the RF T500bdcp

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

OP, the Kenwood being discussed is FAR from the best option here. They indeed get hot at 2 ohms, and won't go below 2 ohms successfully. If I were you, I'd look into an older Fosgate P6001, or 5002 that will do the power at the ohm load you're requesting.

Something like this:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_14327_Rockford_Fosgate_Punch_P6001bd.aspx

Or this:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_14327_Rockford_Fosgate_Punch_P6001bd.aspx

I've personally run both those amps in the same build and they worked beautifully. I ran the 6001 to my subs, and the 5002 to my components.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

OP, the Kenwood being discussed is FAR from the best option here. They indeed get hot at 2 ohms, and won't go below 2 ohms successfully. If I were you, I'd look into an older Fosgate P6001, or 5002 that will do the power at the ohm load you're requesting.

Something like this:

http://www.onlinecar...ch_P6001bd.aspx

Or this:

http://www.onlinecar...ch_P6001bd.aspx

I've personally run both those amps in the same build and they worked beautifully. I ran the 6001 to my subs, and the 5002 to my components.

both the links are the same

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm