Gun cleaning, restoring? From last night.

I would like to shoot it everyday like the old days but around here it's hard to find a place to shoot it legally.

Do any of you guys have any children who could give me some pointers on teaching my teen? If so I can give you reason I ask.

Let me 1st ask you why you need the input of a Child/Teen ??

Lol not the teens input. Input on teaching my teen how to shoot in a easier way than I learned.

Sorry i misunderstood you... lol

No problem I'm not the greatest communicator trust me.

I dont have a child that is of age for shooting but i have been through enough courses that i would get a small rifle that your son/daughter can handle comfortably such as a 22 or maybe even a 410 shotgun depending on age... Let them shoot that and get comfortable with handling it and teach them safe loading/unloading/handling... Then as they get older you can gradually progress up in caliber and weapon

I'll try to make this short and not a sob story. My boy is 16 yrs old and in 5th grade tried to commit suicide. His intelligence was at the top of the charts and non verbal above. Well through the years he has tried multiple times and in and out of the hospitals and has developed other problems. He is normal as normal gets but mentally he is 13 not 16 going onto 17. So allot of years lost that dad and son things I wanted to do. Now we can but that is the other problem I have my dad was green beret my youngest uncle was navy seal then my oldest uncle was army special forces with sniper crap out the butt, sucked in my house sometimes lol. Well I was taught by my oldest uncle so before I was allowed to hunt I had to hit a 1" target at 100 yrds 4 out of 5 times without scope with this gun. To hunt on my own and to earn this gun I had to hit a target a 200 yrds 9 out of 12 times no scope I was 11 yrs old. Now I catch my self be that hard on him which is not easy for him handle. So that's why in a short version I wanted some advise to do it right.

dont make it about how good you are make it about fun. find a rental range and rent some full auto or something. i grew up that same wa. i didnt like to shoot as a kid because i was constantly being yelled at. hunting was the same way. to avoid it i just didnt do it. make it fun teach the basic safety and expel some lead

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yea I never tell him how good I was or what I was able to do cause that's not my way and many moons ago. I just caught myself yesterday at a archery range getting upset the way he was holding the bow and his release yatta yatta. I felt bad afterwords thinking of what I went through when I was younger and I almost did that to him,not cool. Crap my uncles and dad use to tell me how worthless I was cause I could never hit a 6" target at 450 yrds I was 11 lol. At least you know where I'm coming from I try but that crap is stuck in my head. I've been trying to google locations to take him that is close but no cigars yet.

does he enjoy shooting? is he competitive?

if you were close to me id empty the sagpfe and wed hsve a good day

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

He loves re curve bow, which I know very little about,he's wanting to get into comps for that. We are working on getting him one for his b day this month. Gun shooting makes him a little nervous but he enjoys most of it. I wish we were closer here there is just not many places like Arkansas there I could go anywhere to shoot. Just having other people to talk to will help me with him. I can talk the wife about sports,audio,cars,rc even but guns is a no lol. Thanks for your time talking to someone makes it easier to see my faults easier.

He loves re curve bow, which I know very little about,he's wanting to get into comps for that. We are working on getting him one for his b day this month. Gun shooting makes him a little nervous but he enjoys most of it. I wish we were closer here there is just not many places like Arkansas there I could go anywhere to shoot. Just having other people to talk to will help me with him. I can talk the wife about sports,audio,cars,rc even but guns is a no lol. Thanks for your time talking to someone makes it easier to see my faults easier.

How far are you from Houston Tx....

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

the way i am with my daughter is the way i wished i was raised. i view it as a chance to right the wrongs.i know just how easy it is to react the way you saw as a child so you have to really pay attention to that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

the way i am with my daughter is the way i wished i was raised. i view it as a chance to right the wrongs.i know just how easy it is to react the way you saw as a child so you have to really pay attention to that

Im the SAME way... I have told myself that i would NEVER subject my child to some of the shit i endured when i was young... And i damn sure wont do it to my up and coming squirt

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived