Sonic Electronix

I have 2 15in t1s in a small ported box (prob like half the size it should be) with a planet audio amp 2400rms in a ext f150

amp- http://www.planetaudiousa.com/main/591

My problem is deciding what ohm to go with wiring em up. I had them on 2ohm for awhile and they sounded decent. I just recently rewired them to 1ohm and they sound like shit... i mested with my amp settings and still no good. They just dont seem to be as loud... which i dont understand cuz there at 1 ohm. They are the dual voice coils but with these new version subs it only has one terminal. and the switch to change it from 2ohm or 8ohm.

I was figuring it sounded bad because my box is to small or not enough air space for 1ohm. Would 8ohm sound better then 2?

Since the power series have the switchable ohm plug in i have either 2ohm or 8ohm. The guys that wired it just had the positives and negatives of each sub wired straight to my amp. So 4 wires all together coming out of my box.

Then for the 1ohm he put the positive and negative from 1 sub to the other sub and the positive and negative of the final sub to the amp

So much fail!

You're cool.

Thanks i appreciate it... just trying to figure this out i dont really know that much

I've never messed with subs that have the switches like that, so maybe somebody else could help point that out for you.

But what I would do is keep the 2 ohm switch. And wire the subs just like this for a 2 ohm load.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

So much fail!

You're cool.

Thanks i appreciate it... just trying to figure this out i dont really know that much

I've never messed with subs that have the switches like that, so maybe somebody else could help point that out for you.

But what I would do is keep the 2 ohm switch. And wire the subs just like this for a 2 ohm load.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

You noticed that too? Thank you for pointing it out and boosting my self esteem. :popcorn:

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

You noticed that too? Thank you for pointing it out and boosting my self esteem. :popcorn:

Actually, it was me calling you a douche. But take it as you will.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived