Sonic Electronix

Grounding sound with system off

Hey guys

Couple weeks ago i installed pioneer deh 80prs and rf 2652 components i put all new speaker wires with connectors. Today i started to hear alt sound even with the system turned off.. I checked all connections , groundings rca and i even took the head unit out... What could be the reason?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Hey guys

Couple weeks ago i installed pioneer deh 80prs and rf 2652 components i put all new speaker wires with connectors. Today i started to hear alt sound even with the system turned off.. I checked all connections , groundings rca and i even took the head unit out... What could be the reason?

Where did you hook the ground up to?

Try another set of rca patch cords from the h/u to the amp with everything else disconnected and see if your getting the noise, if the noise is still there then try another amp and see if it disappears. You will need to check each piece as you go along to rule out the source of the noise and since it is causing the issue with the engine off it sounds like a cold solder joint in the amp or h/u.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Hey guys

Where did you hook the ground up to?

Which grounding? Of the head unit ir amps?

I've had this problem before. When my subs were off and my head unit was on, i could hit a bump and my subs would vibrate at a low volume. It was my RCAs, I had to put new ones in bc the old ones had a loose connection.

I have knukonceptz rcas and i got them like 6 months ago.. I guess they aint bad quality...

It does the sound with the rcas plugged out.. It was much worst when i plugged out rcas just from the amp.. Do u thonk i shoul send the hu back? Its still under waranty.. I checked online about the pico fuse and its gettin bad when you plug rcas with the power on what i did when i messed up the channels.. Any other ideas?

It does the sound with the rcas plugged out.. It was much worst when i plugged out rcas just from the amp.. Do u thonk i shoul send the hu back? Its still under waranty.. I checked online about the pico fuse and its gettin bad when you plug rcas with the power on what i did when i messed up the channels.. Any other ideas?

I meant unplug the RCA cables from the am (you can leave them in the radio). If it still makes noise then the amp is bad, not the radio.

Are your door speakers amped?

Archived