Out with the 8" and in with the 18"

I have a few 18's laying around the house, the girl got a taste of a real system and Im not going to chop the Cadi up with a wall. So...Im going to put one of the SSA protos in her ride.

Enclosure is going to be around 7-9 cubes. Tuned to 29hz due to the Fs being so low on the proto's. Kerfed port, but considering a doubled kerfed port. Double baffle with a 1/2" sheet to flush the sub to a true double baffle. Route all corners and want to do a "wet" paint finish on the box. But not sure if I should attack that by paint and resin, or all paint? 3k+ power wise and all 1/0 on the XS's till we get some money for an Alt but may just get that rewound.

The set up in going into a 4 door Jimmy, and I dont want to tare the hatch apart. I was thinking a port in the rear that fires to the roof? Plan on doing 4 layers of SecondSKin above the port regardless of where it is. The goal with this build is to be as efficient as possible. For wire I can get my hands on soundstream 1/0 but curious of your opinions on that wire, if not I can get RF as well.

Feel free to chim in and offer some advice. Im going to start the box this weekend and any opinions and thoughts are worth saying.

The setups that people really like in that type of vehicle are subs up port back or to the side. From what I read port back in a bit louder but beats the crap out of the hatch. Port to the side still sounds good just a little quieter but less rattles. I like kicker, rf, knukoncept, or welding cable. Whatever you get make sure it's OFC. If the box if mdf I hear killz primer then paint, if plywood paint will be fine because it shouldn't soak into the wood like mdf. Good luck with your build.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I've seen it at some hardware stores. Never even knew sound stream made wire. If its OFC thick and not to expensive give it a try. I usually just stck with what I know when it comes to wiring. I would hate to order a bunch of 1/0 and find out when it gets here that it's about as thick as some real 4 gauge or something.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I've seen it at some hardware stores. Never even knew sound stream made wire. If its OFC thick and not to expensive give it a try. I usually just stck with what I know when it comes to wiring. I would hate to order a bunch of 1/0 and find out when it gets here that it's about as thick as some real 4 gauge or something.

Its threw my distro, so Im able to check out all the products before I buy it. Im going to take a run down there friday to see what im working with.

a couple of my friends with blazers/jimmys have had luck with the port firing sideways into the drivers side panels. Also I have a 300 amp alt Im getting rid of if your interested

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

You want efficient? 4th order would do that well, PLUS if it's a low Fs sub, it would LOVE a 4th order I would bet. You've got the room for the 4th in that ride I would think. Are you trying to stay below window line so the little lady can see out of the back? Just my .02, but my suggestion would either be TONS of port, or a 4th for that monster.

I haven't heard of SoundStream making wire either. As long as its AWG and flexible, plus OFC is all I'd care about.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived