thats a good way to keep my sanity ^^^ haha

I normally direct download between 13-18mb/s.... I just tried to download VLC and was downloading at 3.8kb/s my laptop is running fine as im using it at the moment to try figure this shit out and its on the same router

sometimes... rarelly but sometimes... sites go slow. I can download movies from putlocker at 1mb/s and at other times we're in the 120kb/s range. Download movies (roughly all the same size) in 10 minutes to 4 hours. (btw, good site to get movies from. just need the actual link of each movie since they don't have directory there)

Sheena = pedobear

I put this together myself a long time ago haha. Im running it through PCI Express x1, Im going to find another card to test it isnt windows doing something silly but i doubt it as i did just do a fresh install today

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

thats a good way to keep my sanity ^^^ haha

I normally direct download between 13-18mb/s.... I just tried to download VLC and was downloading at 3.8kb/s my laptop is running fine as im using it at the moment to try figure this shit out and its on the same router

sometimes... rarelly but sometimes... sites go slow. I can download movies from putlocker at 1mb/s and at other times we're in the 120kb/s range. Download movies (roughly all the same size) in 10 minutes to 4 hours. (btw, good site to get movies from. just need the actual link of each movie since they don't have directory there)

yeah I know that, but this is stupidly slow. like chrome would stop trying because it takes so long kinda thing. it litrally does nothing yet it says its 'working'

I get all my movies from kat.ph but ill try find some links for that site :P

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

True, but considering he did say it was fine for months and then has slowed... makes me think it's not the router. I've never heard of a router slow down. If it does 15mb/s down, always has done 15mb/s. It's the receiving end that usually screws up. But fact he did say that loses connection, maybe it is the router and it's connecting/disconnecting. Had that with mine the other day. Wired would work, wireless was a no-go. Unplugged, plugged back in, everything works now. And I somehow think he's tried that haha.

I did not say his router was the problem....

I said it could be his network card, and if its old and out dated, a new networking card with todays standard of 802.11N wireless wont be much of a gain since his new card with the newer faster and farther distance card will only run at the speeds of the out dated router.....

As for routers, and cards in general, they seem to crap out from time to time (more so routers).

Depending on brand of the router going into the admin panel of it and restoring things to factory default may help, and giving it a hard reset (many of routers will do that if you hold the reset button for 30seconds (depending on brand)).

I am just speculating on what is said, since the gear being used was not mentioned.

I would suggest, if this seems slow, at the same time try google or something. If google is fast, it's the site. If google is slow, then it's your provider or equipment (router or whatnot)

Google alone is not a decent way to test. Google is plan and loads much faster compared to a site with a lot of coding, and bandwidth being used from hundreds to thousands of user, let alone the server(s) google runs on is going to be a lot faster in every way compared to a personal website such as this, your talking about a multimillion dollar company compared to a car audio site. I know Steve is very picky about his site load times and issues, and if he runs out of bandwidth in his package he goes to the next up in line, but to spend the money that google spends I just dont see that happening.

Your better bet would be going to www.speedtest.net and checking your internet speeds on a server close to your location and compare them to your ISP speeds that you pay for. However, again, an outdated or older router and network card is going to be a decrease in speed (especially if your speeds are limited in your routers admin panel for wifi), not to mention the farther your device is from your router the higher your latency/ping will be, and also slower speeds at greater distances.

So for a accurate test, id almost suggust plugging a lan cable into your device and turning off your wifi card to test the wired network speeds, than unplug the lan cable and turn wifi back on and test again (with your laptop or whatever your using to be next to your router if it is not already).

You can also open up command prompt and ping a site or a few sites and see if you have any lose of packets.

Goto the start button.

Type CMD in the search field and press enter.

A black box will open up.

Type " ping google.com " with no quotation.

A few seconds later some numbers will pop up saying packets sent and received as well as your latency/ping in milliseconds.

http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=NETAS1060&name=Asus-PCE-N15-300Mbps-Wireless-PCI-Express-802.11-b that is what im rocking at the moment. According the the asus config its connected at 130mp/s which is pretty good in my neck of the woods

Im not loosing any packets, I dont have a clue what that means haha but tried google and SMD and both got 4/4 packets.

Also the return trip for smd was 222ms

and for google it was 81ms but to me google isnt overly fast

packets are info your computer sends out to the internet and receives when talking back and forth to a site. Lost pockets would normally mean an issue someplace and could explain why things are slow in lamers terms

as for my google latency its 23ms, and smd is 53ms but I also have a 40mb download connection and 4 or 5mb upload connection.

Also, theres a lot of bad reviews with bad or no connectivity, lag, etc with that network card, which is a shame with it being made by Asus, but hell it looks like a gimped down network card.

Check the reviews for yourself on newegg of people that used it and it worked fine for a few months before having issues.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320074&Tpk=Asus%20PCE-N15

Im willing to bet your card is the problem just by those reviews alone!