ive been into RC's for a looong time. Big waste of money but if you enjoy it i guess the money doesnt matter

Almost like car audio or guitars is to other people. In which I have too much invested in :) . We all gotta have some expensive hobby lol.

I got a few

havnt ran em in a while

If I had to do it over the traxxas summit I believe it is the brushless electric everything waterproof 4wd with gear selectors.....

The thing with rc cars is they too damn fash and brushless has so much torque you neeed to buy upgraded axles etc etc all metal

Ill take some pics of mine in a sec..... hpi mt2 3.0.... bought it took out the motor and put the hpi 4.6 big block...... woops.... way to damn fast

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

They haul.more ass than nitro. Tell you.what. ill buy a emaxx.and.you buy a tmaxx. Well see who can keep theres running longer.

with a nitro motor properly tuned it can run just as long as a electric just fill it with gas and as long as your receiver batt are not dead it will keep going i used to race nitro. This is the difference 1/10 scale tmaxx vs 1/16 scale summit

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

Like the Maxx what else will you do to it? Is the summit brusshless?

the maxx is at the end of its life for modifying lol it started stock and went to the ofna picco .21 than it got a extended chassis and a big block 21 vg i got tired of looking at it just sitting in the box with no motor so i got a stock chassis for it and put the picco .21 back in it. the only thing i plan on doing is in the near future is getting a new screw set and going through the whole truck and replacing all the screws and striped plastic parts on the truck i have had the truck for 10 plus years now lol and the summit is brushless

I got a few

havnt ran em in a while

If I had to do it over the traxxas summit I believe it is the brushless electric everything waterproof 4wd with gear selectors.....

The thing with rc cars is they too damn fash and brushless has so much torque you neeed to buy upgraded axles etc etc all metal

Ill take some pics of mine in a sec..... hpi mt2 3.0.... bought it took out the motor and put the hpi 4.6 big block...... woops.... way to damn fast

Never too fast just jump faster lol. 4.6 is allot of power I bet it scoots big time sounds good doing it too. I'm posting my cars in a few. Yes sir I agree with the upgrading part my associated has the castle 9000kv brushless in it. Had to upgrade to cv's and aluminum parts also. It has been clocked at 84mph by state trooper whatching me at the mall parking lot. Have to have allot of real estate to run it.

Check the spur and pinion it may be simple as a peice of dirt or tiny pebble in it. Very common with those type rear ends a peice of sand can cause alot of noise in the drive train.

Yeah something happened to it a couple years back where it was all the way in the differential. Anyhow, I just opened it up and the gear that is attached to the motor isn't making good contact, and the bigger gear has some teeth missing. I might have an extra big gear, if not, I'll run up to the hobby store and grab one. Thanks for your help!

Check the spur and pinion it may be simple as a peice of dirt or tiny pebble in it. Very common with those type rear ends a peice of sand can cause alot of noise in the drive train.

Yeah something happened to it a couple years back where it was all the way in the differential. Anyhow, I just opened it up and the gear that is attached to the motor isn't making good contact, and the bigger gear has some teeth missing. I might have an extra big gear, if not, I'll run up to the hobby store and grab one. Thanks for your help!

Sorry that sucks just hoping it was the simple clean and it's fixed lol. So many came into my old shop with that being the prob.

Sorry that sucks just hoping it was the simple clean and it's fixed lol. So many came into my old shop with that being the prob.

Yeah it'll be fixed tomorrow though! Actually excited to play around with it lol

To the OP, I would really suggest looking into a crawler if you got any rock gardens nearby. I started out with a REVO 2.5 and put well over 2k into it. It was a blast when it ran, but that wasn't often. I didn't really understand tuning that much back then though, so I'm sure that played a part. Then I went to a Rustler XL-5 which was also pretty fun. Not quite as fast as the REVO, but still fun. I didn't dump too much money into that one. I got a few free ones from my neighbor as well (Tamiya TL01-LA, Rustler XL-1, Stampede XL-1). Those ones were all left stock, aside from swapping electronics back and forth between the Rustler XL-5 and Stampede. There's a Micro T somewhere in the mix there too. For indoors, it's a great little car! I had issues with transmission bushings going out, which would end up causing a gap between the pinion and spur.

Then I got my Axial AX-10 Scorpion ARTR. This is by far my favorite truck! It may be slow, but I definitely have the most fun with this thing. Me and my buddies have found some great crawling spots around where we live. Some better for scale trucks and others better for comp trucks. I've tried making my truck a mixture of both. Anyways, as long as you don't roll down a hill or hammer the throttle while your wheel is lodged somewhere where it can't move, you will hardly ever break anything on these trucks!

Here's my collection

Allnew001.jpg

My REVO

REVO015.jpg

And then here's how my crawler sits right now

P1150834.jpg

Rear Steer

P1150835.jpg

P1150836.jpg

Plexiglass shock mounts so the Traxxas Big Bores would work well

P1150837.jpg

I love this thing!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I got my ax as a kit form put 55 turn lath motor in it. Had to upgrade my drive axels and shafts to handle the torque. I like the shock mount idea to use maxx shocks. It is my favorite of the bunch also it'll climb anything if it has traction. Slow is the truth lol 5mph if I'm lucky.

Archived