solved. fingers crossed.

Got referred to a place called ultimate automotive by Yuey. It's off of merle hay behind a nissan dealership. Mark was the guy I talked to.

@orionstang, got told by all pro service center that it couldn't be bypassed by a shorter belt. i assume because the belt twists and turns in like 10 directions. I wish i was more car savvy. they offered to just replace the compressor with a delete pulley... for 800 bucks, on a part that can't cost more than 150.

and 1400 to put in an AC compressor and have it recharged.

I'm taking some mechanics classes at DMACC eventually, otherwise i'll go broke from these damn cars!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

You could have just removed the belt from the a/c compressor.... 1400 lesson learned :facepalm:

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

You could have just removed the belt from the a/c compressor.... 1400 lesson learned :facepalm:

If you're trying to make me look like an idiot, there's no need. Obviously i'm not very car savvy, hence my post asking for help. I was told by certified mechanics that removing the belt from the compressor wasn't an option. Whether they were right or not, with my knowledge (or lack there of) i was in no position to tell them otherwise. Had I been familiar enough with the mechanical aspects of my car to check the accuracy of what they told me, i probably wouldn't have been there in the first place, but rather fixing the car myself.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

lol, sorry to come off sounding like a douche. everyone has to start somewhere. Trust me, I have paid plenty for my fair share of auto-blunders. After it all, the best advice I can give you is to just research, research, research.

And remember, of course a mechanic is going to tell you that you can't take the easy (and free) way out. They need to make business for themselves too!

Best of luck with the car in the future.

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

Yeah they all need to make a living, which is understandable. sometimes i swear their prices are crazy inflated though. I found the bypass pulley for the compressor online for about 50 bucks and it seems like a pretty easy installation. i swear i just need to save up for a new car though. to call this one a lemon would be a compliment towards it.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived