Sonic Electronix

Mid-bass or Mid-range speakers?

So, I'm finally able to build a system since I finally got a vehicle! It's a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT that we had for a few years but since my dad got stationed to Japan, he just gave it to me. How lucky am I? But I've run into a problem. I wanted to upgrade all the speakers. I wanted to do components up front and just 6.5s in the rear for now. I already put some subwoofers in myself for the low bass(just two 12 Cvx's that we had). So my problem is what should I put in the rear doors? Mid-range speakers or mid-bass? I want a full sound in the Hoe. Not just bass. So I was thinking mid-bass to fill in between the components and subs? I've been interested in car audio for years now so I wanted to do it right the first time. I didn't want to be another high-schooler who put subs in his car but didn't think about upgrading power or the other speakers. I'm also doing everything myself so I can learn (I will probably get help putting in a new alternator and stuff like that). I will post pictures later on. Any help is welcome!

Question: Mid-range or mid-bass speakers and why?

Alpine CDA 9886 HU

Alpine ERE-G180 Crossover

4 12' kicker Solobaric L7s

KS 3.5 tweets up front

Kicker KS 6.5s by the back seat

KS 6x9s in the rear

Sealed Box

Hifonics Brutus 2600(for now)

Hifonics Zeus 740

Optima Red Top

2 Optima Yellow Tops

mid range.... mid range can play mid bass as well as vocals mid bass should only play mid-bass and being that there in your rear doors you will probaly never hear them at least you wil get some vocal help from the rear with mid-range

I never thought about that. I was reading on the two and I didn't know which one to choose. I hate when I play some songs and in certain spots I can hear a gap where the middle is barely audible. I changed the front 6.5s with some Kenwood KFC-1652S since the stock ones cut at random times and I could already tell the gap got smaller but it stills bugs me that it isn't the full sound I'm looking for.

Alpine CDA 9886 HU

Alpine ERE-G180 Crossover

4 12' kicker Solobaric L7s

KS 3.5 tweets up front

Kicker KS 6.5s by the back seat

KS 6x9s in the rear

Sealed Box

Hifonics Brutus 2600(for now)

Hifonics Zeus 740

Optima Red Top

2 Optima Yellow Tops

mid range.... mid range can play mid bass as well as vocals mid bass should only play mid-bass and being that there in your rear doors you will probaly never hear them at least you wil get some vocal help from the rear with mid-range

I never thought about that. I was reading on the two and I didn't know which one to choose. I hate when I play some songs and in certain spots I can hear a gap where the middle is barely audible. I changed the front 6.5s with some Kenwood KFC-1652S since the stock ones cut at random times and I could already tell the gap got smaller but it stills bugs me that it isn't the full sound I'm looking for.

that has to do with tunning not your speakers you can add all the speakers you want if the tunning is off you will allways have that "gap"

you need ti work on your crossover points or get an eq or procesor

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived