Sonic Electronix

Ok so I have a sa-15 running on a hifonics 1700 watt (yes i know that it is a big amp for that sub). Was working fine not getting hot or anything and today randomly I heard a weird noise while bumping but thought it was somthing in my rear deck that came loose (plastic or any other kind of random piece that would eventually come loose with playing subs) so didnt think about it much when I got home I wanted to move my box from my trunk to backseat just to see if it would make a difference with that annoying rattleing noise. Well of course not it was the sub and I really have no idea.

Things i have checked:

RCAS

RE-GROUNDED it still same problem

All wires

tensel leads

Changed the settings like started at default for amp and cd player

The only other help I am is that I notice it getting louder and it sounds like it is bottoming out when I adjust the low-pass any ideas?

Please dont bash me im here for help and not for some idiot telling me what i shouldve done or how i shouldnt do this im not too worried about it i just want help to fix the current problem.

ALL INPUT AND ADVICE IS VERY APPRECIATED THANKS!!!!

Clicking, thumping, bumping, scratching or any other type of noise from the sub is a bad indication that it is on it's way out.

Pull the sub and check the spider and surround to see that they haven't broke free and are flopping around.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Clicking, thumping, bumping, scratching or any other type of noise from the sub is a bad indication that it is on it's way out.

Pull the sub and check the spider and surround to see that they haven't broke free and are flopping around.

thats great haha but thats weird never got hot at all and all coils look brand new.....

Do you have a subsonic filter on your amplifier? If so, what is it set to?

ya on the low note and sounds like bottoming out pretty much and i had it set to like 31-33hz in that range because i heard you should got 5 under what your box is set

Typically that works, but your sub has a Fs of it. It's the free air resonance. A lot of times you dont get much output below the Fs of the sub, regardless of tuning. You play below that Fs or tuning and the coil can jump out of the gap. A strange noise can occur and bottom that thing out.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Typically that works, but your sub has a Fs of it. It's the free air resonance. A lot of times you dont get much output below the Fs of the sub, regardless of tuning. You play below that Fs or tuning and the coil can jump out of the gap. A strange noise can occur and bottom that thing out.

so anyway of fixing the problem?

Archived