DC Sound Lab

XL M2's making flap flap type noise on low note of Put On Decaf remix?

I'm uploading the video right now. The rattle is on the first note of that put on decaf song. I'm starting to wonder if it's a metal bar somewhere inside my trunk that's rattling or maybe the speaker wire inside the sub dangling around. I've set the ssf to 30Hz just in case.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

http://youtu.be/2VQaSs1fs68

Recording 2:
http://youtu.be/s9TlJm19IFM

100%

First part of the song and near the end of video when that note repeats.

I'm gonna go shower and try and test this out again with the trunk lid open to see if the rattle goes away maybe? Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Well this is weird. I can hear that noise from the video on my laptop speakers but not my desktop speakers. Hopefully someone on here will be able to hear that weird rattle noise and come up with a conclusion :)

Here is a recording from the back of trunk. I'm actually pretty confused if the rattle is from a metal part inside the trunk or from inside the sub box. Du ma ><

http://youtu.be/6qxGulKrorQ

When you put your hand on the amp it muffled the sound a little didn't it? As I suspected, I don't think it's the subs. Looks to me like amp mount/box problem.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

I had this problem when a put my 2 rf p3s in a box my buddy gave me because the one i built was too big for the trunk but on lows i would hear the same sound ur hearing and on the higher notes it wouldnt rattle but i thought it was my amp and i would push on it and it would go away but it was back of the box had no screws in it so it would rattle i would check your box and port to see if theres secured

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

I cut my Power/GND wires too short so now I can't turn the subs towards the rear to see if it's louder :(

I think it's safe to conclude that the sub is not making the weird rattle noise and no damage will be done to the subs or the amp. Yes?

I don't mind the rattles as long as it doesn't damage anything besides my car parts.

In the mean time, I'm just going to stay away from decaf and play at half my bass knob tuned level.

Edited by moh.vze.com