DC Sound Lab

XL M2's making flap flap type noise on low note of Put On Decaf remix?

Is it bottoming out? My box is 3cF and tuned to 30 Hz and I have the sub sonic filter set to 25 Hz.

The box is not that big so why is this happening? Maybe it's not bottoming out? How do I tell?

Thanks.

Conclusion: The sub box was flexing and causing the weird flap flap noise.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

you might be hard clipping them, i doubt you are bottoming them out, what does your voltage look like when this is happening?

edit: just noticed you're in the northwest, where at?

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL

A video is very very needed here... IMHO

Edit- I've never heard that last note in anyone's ride personally/live....

Especially the decaf version.. Shit....

I could SMASH the 2nd & 3rd... But only movement, no sound on the 4th ...

Edited by KyLar96

you might be hard clipping them, i doubt you are bottoming them out, what does your voltage look like when this is happening?

edit: just noticed you're in the northwest, where at?

The voltage goes down to lowest I've seen at 12.2V or so. I will check again later tomorrow night. It stops doing it when I turn my bass knob to about half I believe.

Video?

How do you know exactly where the infrasonic filter is set at? Did you use the cc1 to set it? That low note may still be to far below your tuning and causing the subs to flop and make the sound you are talking about.

I bought a custom $50 sub sonic filter that has 4 pins 5 years ago. It is attached to the rca cable. I have it pulled out at 25Hz.

http://store.hlabs.c...view_product=12

I will try and create a video tomorow but I'm not sure if my camera will pick up the movement.

I'll check again to see exactly which note it was. I remember it doing that flap flap noise on another decaf song aswell.

What I'm wondering is maybe the sub box is too small and is drowning the subs with its small vent?

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs