Second Skin Audio

Which sub should i pick

jdl01gt

Well since my t3 tsns has a bad sound to it now because of me letting stupid people mess with it, i am going back to a nice simple system like i started with. I am thinking of either getting a JL 13w7 in a audio enhancer box or a RE XXX 12 in a fat box. I believe both of these subs will be pretty good sql subs (i could definately be wrong) with the combination of working good with my fosgate 2500bd (3 ohms for the JL and 2 Ohms for the XXX to keep it nice and efficient). So in short, which one would you guys go with, or do you recommend another sub and prefabbed box that would work good with my amp? I really want to stay with a prefabbed box and one sub setup. Thanks in advance.

07 Corolla S

2-p3 15's in a custom fiberglass box powered by a p1001bd, Fosgate punch series components that hit 140.1 on Term Lab

07 Magnum R/T

1-??? sub powered by RF 2500-1bd, Big 3, 2-shuriken bt-120 batteries.

99 Ford F-150 Reg Cab

2-10in Powerbass ps subs in a MTX Thunderform box Powered by ASA1000.1. Hit 132.4 on Term Lab

prefab doesnt fly around here....

what is the point of having such a costly sub and amp then the entire sound is down to the box which is some prefab to drop a sub in?

that's like owning a race car, powering it with high grade fuel, and then having stevie wonder race it for you.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Prefab box eh? I'm not gonna bash you but a lot of people here will. I'd just say I agree with ChevyBoy. Build yourself a box or have someone build you a box if you can't. If you can't or won't do that, they why bother with an expensive sub? My suggestion would be to spend a little less on the sub and use that money to pay someone to build you a quality box. Least that's what I would do.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I hear you there but there are no shops around now that will build a box because they can make more money doing tint jobs, remote starts, and plug and play systems in the time they could build me a box. And i figure what is the point of a expensive sub and amp setup if i am going to try to build a box that I have no idea how to make that wont even turn out as good as a prefabbed box. I am not talking about 50 dollar prefabbed boxes, ones that have 1.5 inch fronts and are built to the specs the company recommends. Not saying that they are the best, but definately better than i can do

07 Corolla S

2-p3 15's in a custom fiberglass box powered by a p1001bd, Fosgate punch series components that hit 140.1 on Term Lab

07 Magnum R/T

1-??? sub powered by RF 2500-1bd, Big 3, 2-shuriken bt-120 batteries.

99 Ford F-150 Reg Cab

2-10in Powerbass ps subs in a MTX Thunderform box Powered by ASA1000.1. Hit 132.4 on Term Lab

Archived