Problems With My Pioneer Avh - P5700 Unit

Recently my HU has been cutting off and then back on. I'm not sure if its a messed up fuse or if the unit itself is malfunctioning. One minute it will play fine then all of a sudden it will power off and not come back on for sometime up to ten minutes. When it finally does come back on it resets all off the audio and screen settings. Only settings that are current or the satellite radio settings. You guys have any ideal on how to trouble shoot this issue? I plan on pulling the HU out this weekend to see if maybe my wires have come loose, which they shouldn't have cause I solider and heat shrink all the connections from the radio harness to the Metria LAN Bus harness. However my connection from the satellite radio, Ipod interface, and CD changer are all connected using wire taps. I didn't have this problem before when I had it in the Durango and everything was working fine all the way up till around November after I had a local tire shop do my oil change.

Oh well, any ideals on what to look for? If all else fails I still have a full replacement warranty on the HU till the end of May so I still have some time to figure it out.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

sounds like aloose ground..

I was thinking that as well. I kind of believe that it might be one of my grounds to the extra equipment and not the HU. Might have a loose ground or exposed hot wire touching. I did notice that the HU would go dead alot when I would connect the Ipod so I think I might start there first when I pull the HU out and re-check all my wires.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I had the same problem with my HU and it was a loose ground wire that goes into the wiring loom plug.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

Archived