Got the kicker earbud in the mails today from sonicelectronix. First off id like to start out by saying thanks again to Steve for giving a few pairs of these out on the forums here a few weeks ago. on to the review

DSCN2032_zps97db388c.jpg

DSCN2033_zpsbf347d54.jpg

when i opened them up they came with 3 sizes of your standard silicon earpieces and one set of foam ones. the foam ones are kind of sticky but that might just be from the 900000000% humidity out here. it also came with a nice little carrying pouch.

the physical design doesnt seem too bad they dont feel cheap. i am a little worried about what kind of abuse they will be able to take from running and being in the gym. ( i am fairly abusive to my headphone though)

plugged them into my iPod right away and played a few different genres of music. i started out with a little decaf just to see how low they would play and if they could handle some decaf. they definitely play some lows so that's a good thing. the bass response is not as much as id like. don't expect it to be phenomenal though being a $20 pair of earbuds. but not bad by any means. they for sure handle bass response better than many other similar priced headphones.

next i played a few rock songs mild to heavy songs. they played pretty well pretty clear. at some points they seemed a little bright.

next i went to some alternative they definitely perform the best in this genre although again sometime a little bright.

after a handful of songs feeling like something was missing a little bit. so i plugged them into my FiiO E6 headphone amplifier. the instantly came a lot more alive. they just seemed all around better bass was a little punchier and the higher frequencies seemed to play a little more clear.

all in alll i would say that these are definitely a bang for you buck pair of earbuds. the easily out perform other $20-$30 headphones. although they at time leave something to be desired i honestly cant complain about them. especially since they were freee but i would have no problem paying $30 for them again.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

they would be a lot better if the had a mic on them but its not really a big deal

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Archived