Sonic Electronix

this is weird, when i turn up my bass knob my mids/highs distort as if the bass knob was hooked up to my mids/highs amp? y is this happening? also im getting the wine when i start up my truck? the power and rca's are on different sides, ground maybe for both problems? my amp for the sup doesn't wine?

Your amp for the subs better not whine. If set properly they frequencies in engine noise are above sub levels and 99.9% of the time will never be heard in the subs. That is why when alot of shops install just a sub/amp combo they will run all wire down the same side. Now to your problem.... grounding is often a key issue with noise. check all your wires to ensure they are not ran by factory wiring and if they are make sure they run past each other intersecting or crossing like a +. That will help eliminate the chance of introducing engine noise in your RCA'S or speaker wires. Why your mids and highs are distorting may be your bass causing them to sound nasty. Are they the ones in the rear deck lid where the sub can effect them? Disconnect your subs wires from the amp and then turn your knob up and see if it still happens.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

ummm, the best way ive found and fastest to iliminate ground loop noise is to ground the rcas at teh headunit, wrap a lil piese around the outer part of the rca not the middle and ground it were the headunits grounded like ground wire or w/e i got mine grounded were the instalation kit hooks into the headunit and it works perfect now, n ive showed many ppl on here how to do it and its worked fine might halfto do a titorial on how to do it cause i had to rewire my geo twice to figureout why i had ground noise and i got it in my truck all of a sudden and i did this and it worked, and for the bass knob do u have the amps wired on the same wire that might be affecting it cause mine does it to and is it sufficiant power n gnd wire better bigger than not enulf might be the sub amp pullin more current when u turn it up from the highs amp n causein it to clip and ied do as roscoe said unhook subs n then turn bass knob n see if it still happins, hope this helps man :)B)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

you had power running while you ungrounded the amp? you should unhook that shit so you dont break anything. inline fuse at the battery should have been taken out.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Archived