Sonic Electronix

whats the difference in amps?

Your better off going with Hifonics than Audiopipe; which is complete shit IMO. I've seen more AP amps sent in for repair, than I care to count. Try looking for a used Audioque 750. and I guarantee it will put out a lot cleaner power than a shit ass Audiopipe and does more than rated. I found one used on CACO for 150 shipped, so do some looking and you'll find one I'm sure.

You ever used one?

Too much talk, not enough personal use.

This is coming from someone who beat the shit out of an old AP-15001D (silver case), 1ohm on a fi q 12, 55a alt, tiny single battery, sent into low 11's for voltage, daily, at least 2hrs a day. Still was in great condition when I opened the case months later.

i used an ap1500. blew it. audioque has been lasting 3x as long with less problems.

audiopipe is made in korea. and since when is 200$ fitting into a 150$ budget.

no they're not. the new series (2500, 3500, and 5500w models) is made in korea, at the same exact build houses as a lot of other companies out there. the AP series is from china or some place. definitely not korea.

are the hifonics shit or no? i see people using them all the time and read good reviews on them

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

BANDWAGON HATERS the only one that could maybe talk is kranny he had a bad expreance with one but i bet most hating here have never owned an audiopipe amp

i have 2 of em them over a few years old each still going strong but i do know what the F*&k im doing

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

wat about the hifonics? lol

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

BANDWAGON HATERS the only one that could maybe talk is kranny he had a bad expreance with one but i bet most hating here have never owned an audiopipe amp

i have 2 of em them over a few years old each still going strong but i do know what the F*&k im doing

dont get me wrong, the audiopipe works, but its very power hungry and gets hot. when mine blew i was scared as fuck. pop pop fizzz (fire noises). dropped my voltage down to the point where my HID's shut off (ballast is rated for 9-16v). headunit shut off. car was still running though surprisingly. the smell stayed for a few weeks lol. ended up driving the rest of the way home (like 5 minutes) with my headlights off (i was scared they were fucked up so i didnt try to turn them on) and my hazards on. thank god for street lights or else i couldn't see where the fuck i was going.

as far as the audio quality of the amp, it wasn't that great. im sure everyone knows the waka song no hands, and how the low note kind of like kicks a couple times. the amp would kind of mesh the notes together and it wouldn't be very clean. the transition from note to note was kind of sloppy as well. the minute i put my aq in, the woofers sounded much better, note transitions and kicks were cleaner. but i guess you'd expect that for an amp that costs almost twice as much haha.

the only downside was that it made me a little quieter (barely noticeable), but i can deal with that when i have all these improvements.

dont get me wrong, the audiopipe works, but its very power hungry and gets hot. when mine blew i was scared as fuck. pop pop fizzz (fire noises). dropped my voltage down to the point where my HID's shut off (ballast is rated for 9-16v). headunit shut off. car was still running though surprisingly. the smell stayed for a few weeks lol. ended up driving the rest of the way home (like 5 minutes) with my headlights off (i was scared they were fucked up so i didnt try to turn them on) and my hazards on. thank god for street lights or else i couldn't see where the fuck i was going.

as far as the audio quality of the amp, it wasn't that great. im sure everyone knows the waka song no hands, and how the low note kind of like kicks a couple times. the amp would kind of mesh the notes together and it wouldn't be very clean. the transition from note to note was kind of sloppy as well. the minute i put my aq in, the woofers sounded much better, note transitions and kicks were cleaner. but i guess you'd expect that for an amp that costs almost twice as much haha.

the only downside was that it made me a little quieter (barely noticeable), but i can deal with that when i have all these improvements.

yup i know there not the cleanest amps or the best some also... sine just have bad luck with them.... we have beat the hell put em with no problems tho

my only argument is for the price is there better??? no there is comparible amps like the hifonics or db drive but i would rate them all around the same for 150 bucks is there better? no

is there better for more money FUCK YA!!!! i only buy the audiopipes for broke customers that need the best bang for there buck

Hope you include fire extinguishers for your customers.

Kranny: Sound quality was probably crap due to the S/N Ratio of the AP being 70 while the AQ has an S/N ratio of 100, and I've heard an AP 1800 in action on my friend's CVR15's, got loud as shit, but sounded terrible and sloppy.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Hope you include fire extinguishers for your customers.

Kranny: Sound quality was probably crap due to the S/N Ratio of the AP being 70 while the AQ has an S/N ratio of 100, and I've heard an AP 1800 in action on my friend's CVR15's, got loud as shit, but sounded terrible and sloppy.

hope you read the part out of beating the crap out of them for years with out an issue

hope you have owned one and just not following the crowd talking out your ass

Archived