Second Skin Audio

ya thats what i thought of too when i saw the paper. but the front side pics remind me of the sound dampening that was stock on my car. the rear peice that was 4in square had maybe a 1cm portion actually attached to the metal. Im not sure if its crap adhisive or installation but i doubt that was highly effective like that

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Just to update this, here is the email I sent to Kenneth in regards to the product he sent me.

Product has a total thickness of 62-63 mils and sports a 5 mil thick aluminum constraining layer.

Typically with these products 4 mil foil is standard and not many have any thicker, so this is quite surprising to see a 5 mil thick foil on this product.

Downside is that the foil does not seem to be unique and is just a 'deadsoft' foil.

It is 100% butyl, no asphalt or tar whatsoever.

And it's of rather high quality butyl to boot with few fillers added. I would say the butyl on this would rank in the top 5 in terms of quality. Very few products have a butyl this 'clean'.

You can typically tell the quality based on the amount of residue a product leaves on a surface (less is better) and if the butyl is grainy (which this product isn't). Also the consistency of the rubber at room temp is also a tell-tale sign of the quality. Products that feel and seem more 'chewing gum' like (soft and squishy) at room temp are not a quality product. Whereas something like this that is much more stiff and solid at room temp will perform much better.

It does have a slight odor as I'm sure you're aware of, but it's nothing compared to a few others I've had/tested.

Overall, not a bad product.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png