Sundown Audio

sa-12 tinsle seperation?

Picked up a pair of sa-12's yesterday. One is already prepped for a recone. The guy told me the tinsle leads were starting to seperate on the other one due to clipping. I have never heard of this happening. Is there a way to check this? I inspected it to the best of my ability and everything looks to be in good shape but I am not an expert.

Edited by RobertR

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

It happens from over driving your woofer. And yes it can be caused by clipping. Set your gains correctly don't run 3to times the rms to it and you'll be fine

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks for the info. I usually dont stray to far away from rms. I dont have enough money to keep replacing stuff that I break. I am gainfully employed but not as gainfully as I would like. Plus my wife doesnt share my interest in car audio.

The guy said he was clipping pretty bad. My first instinct was to ask him why he didnt fix the issue but I just wanted to get my subs and burn out. Tested the voice coils with a dmm. 4.4 ohms on one and nothing on the other. I bought them knowing I had to recone one and assuming I would have to recone the other so Im not too bummed.

Im planning on picking up a good 1500.1 amp to power these. I already have a 140 amp alt and 1 awg in the car. Going to shoot for a 4 cu ft box tuned to 35 hz but due to my small trunk opening that will have to be built in the trunk. But thats for a different thread. :fing34:

Edited by RobertR

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

my car has a small trunk opening, so i take out the back seats and cut some of the metal away from the rear shelf to give me an extra inch or two, is that a possibility for you?

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Nope. The opening is pretty close to the same size as your mustang but the actual trunk area is much larger. The only metal that is in in my way cant be cut. Im going to have to figure out how to build it in the trunk. Thanks anyways. Ive been trying to find a box building guru in my area that would be willing to take a look and steer me in the right direction.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's