Second Skin Audio

3 15kicker Cvr Ported Box

BeatNdown8o8

How ya doing everybody..The car is a 07 Kia sportage 4cyl(90 amp Alt).I have the big 3 done and running a Trojan AGM group31 second battery in the back all 1/0 gauge wire....The setup:::3 15inch Kicker Cvr's running off of a American Bass VFL120.1...The box:::Is 8.46 cu;ft the biggest I could make below window line but built it to be a sealed box and it sounded like poop...It is divided up into 3 chambers. and has the subs firing up...After the out come of not sounding good I ported it.I put 1 3inch port in each chamber at 15inches long,So now I have sub up;(3)ports up...It did wake the box up and is loud..Doesn't sound bad at all either.....But I know it can be louder and sound better so I called kicker..They told me to open the inside of the box up(1 chamber)and add 9 4inch round ports at I can't remember how long but they we're long....lol..Theres No way I can fit that many 4 inch ports...I e"mailed Dave the box guy..He told me he would build me a box with sub up and port(ports)to the sided and had a great design to make it very loud an low.For 600buks..I don't have 600buks right now or I would let um build it(I know it would be worth it)...My question is how would some of you guys build it?.And how many ports and what size ports..I can do a slot port but only on the side or sides towards the hatch verticle,On top it won't fit..Max width I have is 27inches..Max width is 39inches..Max height is 18inches.....Im just lost..I've been looking at the port calculators and this and that.Im just confused..Tunning I will say around 30-33.I really want a all arounder box.The only spl drag around here that I know of only comes around once a year but would like to be in it this year...Anyway I just wanted to see what you guys thought..Thankyou in advance for any help!!

I would honestly use only two in this situation.

Somewhere in the 7cubes with 14in/ft at 33hz with the subs up and port back.

That's gonna sound wayyyy better then 3 stuffed in a box that is not optimal for the subs and what you have now.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Yup,I said the samething to kicker and dave.Ask If i should just run 2 instead of 3....Dave said it can work..This is what he said...I have a 03 or 04 Hyundai Tucson basically same truck as yours I know what works in it and it would be low and loud with a design i got run sub up port(ports)to the side and you will be able to have your back seat and would'nt be to tall but would need all the depth and width... And kicker said no not really because I would be taking away cone area and Im running enough power to have the box a little smaller or something like that..They said alot really but he also said run 9 4inch ports at 19 3/4 inches long(120 sq ft port)Thats what I would need..lol. ..I ran 2 of them for awhile in a crx style box,they sounded good but the way it is now NO B.S its crushing just 2..I might be off on the Cu;ft of the box..Its right around 9cu;ft before speaker displacement..All honestly It does sound good, Its loud,And I don't know why!!II might just save up for a week or 2 and get dave to build it...Thanks for the reply.Im not saying no I won't do it because i thought the same..Just telling ya'll what they said..

3 will fit you just need to tune high

i did an 11 sportage with 3 comp's on a zx750.1

2x 5" ports in 8net @37hz and it sounded nice

you model is is a bit different, but i dont see why it wont fit

its not optimal airspace but will work

so get some better measurements and use all the space above the wheel arches and the angle behind the seat,

post them and well try to come up with a design

Well whatever you do don't waste that 600 on that box. I would tell you what you wanted to hear for a $600 box for CVR's too.

With 600 you can buy 2 SA 15" and build a box that will wreck 3 of those cvr's and play down to 20hz with ease.

My view of this stands with my post up there.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Crazy you said that I was looking at the SA15's really thinking about getting a pair.And really don't wanta spend 600 on a box when I know I can build one.But Dave did say if I was going for a number on the Meter he would tell me to drop a sub because it would work better . But I did some mesuring and came up with 50 inches over the strut towers.So I can do 39inches wide on the bottom go up a foot and go 50 inches wide.But I can only do 50 inches wide for 20 inches deep and 18 inches tall.then the hatch starts sucking in all around.But if I built it that way I can run the subs side by side and run port back up.But the port air won't be able to escape around the box just over the top.What do you think.Need more measurements?

How deep are the CVR's? If I got this down right, you have max 18" height? So it only leaves 4.5inches of room to mount the sub in after the wheel well.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

Hey John how was that box built?where was the ports?Im just going to build it the biggest I can Thses subs will work fine in 3cube per sub.., but im trying to figure out port location..Like sub up slot port up,sub forward port up,subs up slot port back but the air flow can only go over top of the box not around the sides...??

Archived