Second Skin Audio

Convertible bass solution...

Tim2902

I posted this in the wrong section, which a helpful soul pointed out to me... thanks! So I thought I'd try it here...

If any of you guys have taken on the challenge of bass in a convertible, particularly with the top down, I could use some suggestions. I have a 4th Gen (96) Camaro convertible. I've got a pair of 12W7s and a pair of 1000/1v2s that I haven't installed yet because I'm up in the air about the best way to go about it. I've already put 2 pair of C5s in the stock speaker locations and have a 300/4 to power those and a Kenwood 996x head unit.

What are my best options? Anybody ever tackled one of these F-body convertibles?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tim

Put em on the rear seats facing you. Haha done

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

yeah what zach said most likely, just put them close to the seats, hopefully someone that knows a little more will chime in and help

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

• 3 months later...

nice install, i like the black and red with the red led.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Thanks... My GF likes to call the Camaro "Vader's Shuttle". Could be because I'm a Star Wars geek...lol. So we wanted the black/red theme. The LEDs get the car some looks at the local car meets. I changed out most of the interior lighting to red LEDs as well.

Archived