Second Skin Audio

How are these calculations for 2 15 fi

KenC210

Look at basically the same project entered in the previous version of Torres (specifically net volume and tuning):

kenc210.jpg

Looking at your previous thread you are doing subs up/port back so it's set that way.

So the results are different, can you tell which is more accurate?

The newer one has more serious issues for now (at least there are two rather serious issues), for multiple aero ports use neither for a single aero port, the older one at least is accurate , he has acknowledged differences between versions in his thread, so he may issue a fix in the future.

I guess that calculator does not account for common walls so it may be inaccurate because of that.

There is a spreadsheet that Sanitarium (user on here) has provided a link for, is more accurate but not as user friendly as Torres:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFyH9hGFoZydE9TaThIeGdTd3Nib1ViWm54NnNkWGc#gid=0

It has to be downloaded to be editable, just click "file" and then "download as" and choose a format. in case you want to try it.

greatly appreciate that. It seems to be closer to the older version of the torres. I think i am going to go ahead with the one you provided. The volumes and tuning are off by like .5 from the one you gave me to the old version of torres. So either way it looks like i going to build the box i drafted up on the calculator. I am no worried about a cut sheet i could do that in sketch up.

Archived