1,400 Watts On Stock 110amp Alternator?

you should be fine with an extra batt.i have a saz 1500 in my car on my stock 105 amp alt and i only drop to mid 13s

You have one sexy ass truck bud

Haha thanks for the compliments. I just won TOTM on my forum for the second time. Just need more bass now. I wasnt planning on getting an extra battery though. Just planning on upgrading the main battery to a D2400. If i am going to buy a second XS power battery for 1,400 watts I would probably just pay the extra and get the alternator. Its just a lot of money for me to save right now since I go to college at a merchant marine academy. Basically have no real life haha. And a crappy school job.

you should be fine with an extra batt.i have a saz 1500 in my car on my stock 105 amp alt and i only drop to mid 13s

Haha thanks for the compliments. I just won TOTM on my forum for the second time. Just need more bass now. I wasnt planning on getting an extra battery though. Just planning on upgrading the main battery to a D2400. If i am going to buy a second XS power battery for 1,400 watts I would probably just pay the extra and get the alternator. Its just a lot of money for me to save right now since I go to college at a merchant marine academy. Basically have no real life haha. And a crappy school job.

I was thinking about doing offroad shit to my cherokee but car audio is first to me and i don't offroad that much even though i should. Cherokee's look sexy as hell when made offroad worthy

And i know what you mean by crappy jobs. Kroger doesn't pay their employees jack shit

Get a second battery, along with 1/0 for the big three and runs to the back, and you should be fine with that stock alt. Until of course you get enough for th ebig one :D

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yah the only alternator the make for my truck is just under 6 bills which is a lot for me. If I can find one for around 4 bills I rather just go with that and a good battery. Like a 180 amp instead of 270. My 06 frontier is only the 2.5 and on of the most heavily modded 2.5s on the internet. I dont even know of anyone that has put a H/O alternator on my specific truck. Most of the frontiers are the 4.0 V6. What Im wondering though is that they also have a stock 110 amp alternator. I wonder if our alternators are actually the same. Most of the H/O alternator companies list only having them for the 4.0 V6 though.

have you tried singer,ohio gen or tenney?im sure one of them might be able to help you out and be a little cheaper in price

No I havent looked at those yet. Ill give them a shot. But I seriously just came to the realization that the 2.5 and 4.0 frontiers both have s 110 amp alternator and they look identical from what I can tell. But all sites list them as only of the 4.0s. So Im not sure. I just looked in the factory service manual and they explain the charging systems for the 2.5 and 4.0 and at the end they give the alternator specs only once like they are both the same with 110 amp hitachi alternators. Am I missing something? Has everyone and all the companies overlooked this?

I know they make a mean green for the 4.0 that would work for me. Should handle 1400 watts with a good battery I imagine.

EDIT: When I compare the same 270 amp xp alternator for the 4.0 and 2.5 on dc powers site everything is exactly the same. Same price, specs, and exact same performance tests and the pictures look the same. The only difference is the 4.0 has a 7 grooved pulley and the 2.5 has a 6 grooved pulley. What does that mean? Does it really make a difference.

have you tried singer,ohio gen or tenney?im sure one of them might be able to help you out and be a little cheaper in price

No I havent looked at those yet. Ill give them a shot. But I seriously just came to the realization that the 2.5 and 4.0 frontiers both have s 110 amp alternator and they look identical from what I can tell. But all sites list them as only of the 4.0s. So Im not sure. I just looked in the factory service manual and they explain the charging systems for the 2.5 and 4.0 and at the end they give the alternator specs only once like they are both the same with 110 amp hitachi alternators. Am I missing something? Has everyone and all the companies overlooked this?

I know they make a mean green for the 4.0 that would work for me. Should handle 1400 watts with a good battery I imagine.

EDIT: When I compare the same 270 amp xp alternator for the 4.0 and 2.5 on dc powers site everything is exactly the same. Same price, specs, and exact same performance tests and the pictures look the same. The only difference is the 4.0 has a 7 grooved pulley and the 2.5 has a 6 grooved pulley. What does that mean? Does it really make a difference.

I am not a master mechanic, but I think the only thing an extra groove in the pulley will do is have better friction to make sure there is no belt slip. Also have you tried mechman? Even though they might not have a Alt listed for your vehicle, they will make a custom alt for any vehicle. Someone might not have purchased one from them yet for that vehicle.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yah I tried calling mechman, but couldnt get a hold of anyone.

Mechman are some busy peps, I would say calling is the best option to get a hold of them so just keep trying. Also check out other Alt companies, DC power isn't the only one out there, and many companies will built custom made alts for your application. You should always spend lots of time and research before you buy anything, Recently I just found out that on sonic electronix, there are 500 watt prime RF amps for about 130-140. I spent 110 on my MB quart 600 watt amp that more than likely only puts on 400 watts when tuned right, could have saved another $20 and had some RF to power my shit.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm