1,400 Watts On Stock 110amp Alternator?

Yah I always research the crap out of stuff for my truck. I just keep mentioning DC because they are the only ones that actually list my truck on their site and have an alternator they say fits.

Still been researching seems a lot of guys on here and around are running systems of similar power with no high output alternator. Mean green e-mailed me back and told me to order their alternator MG11119, but I need to get more info about it and the price. So Im waiting for an email back. They didnt say if it was a direct fit or not and what the specs are, but they told me that was the one to get. I cant see that part number on their website anywhere though.

I'm running two level 4m2 15's off a DC 3.5k at 1 ohm in my tiny little cobalt.

Stock alt (90-130amp not sure), XS D3400, all 1/0 welding cable.

Mind you, if I want to I can drop down into 12's within a couple mins of full tilt lows, but I can not beleive how well my electrical is handling this amp (I think i owe that to the XS battery and 1/0). I was thinking I'd at least need a second batt and probably an alt but nope, maybe eventually but for now I am good to go.

My advice - do the 1/0 power and ground first for sure, and upgrade your battery to an XS if you only have stock right now. Then install your stuff, see how your electrical handles it. Just watch your voltage very carefully. Upgrade electrical as required to your desired output/capacity.

08 Chevy Cobalt LS Coupe, Black

DC Soundlabs 3.5K
2x DC Level 4m2 15's @ 1 ohm
31hz designed by chevysub4x4spl

1x XS Power D3400

Stock Alt (mechman soon)

60ft 1/0 Copper Welding Cable

Alt, Batt, and Amp Power & All Grounds are 1/0 Copper

50 sq ft B-Quiet Ultimate & Cans of Spray Foam

JVC KD-A625

Oh and sorry to double post but to contact Mechman email [email protected] with all your info he should get back to you within a dayish.

I honestly don't think you will need the alt though. Definitely wouldn't hurt but definitely not required. Worst case if you do require one, you'll need the 1/0 and extra battery anyways, you'll beable to bump pretty hard on that until you get your alt, if you even end up wanting one.

Good luck with your upgrades!

08 Chevy Cobalt LS Coupe, Black

DC Soundlabs 3.5K
2x DC Level 4m2 15's @ 1 ohm
31hz designed by chevysub4x4spl

1x XS Power D3400

Stock Alt (mechman soon)

60ft 1/0 Copper Welding Cable

Alt, Batt, and Amp Power & All Grounds are 1/0 Copper

50 sq ft B-Quiet Ultimate & Cans of Spray Foam

JVC KD-A625

Alright thanks man. It sounds like I might be too worried about it haha. So for now Im just going to plan on doing all 1/0 and getting the XS battery, then down the road Ill get a H/O alternator if I really think I want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be fine. Get a volt meter and have some smarts. Watch your voltage and you will be fine.

I ran 3.5k at a half ohm on a stock 140 with no issues lol. No I am not crazy, but I did keep an eye on my voltage and had some common sense ;)

Yah I already have a volt meter in the dash. The official plan now is an SA-12 D2 in a ported box that I am still working on. A SAZ1000d at 1,000 watts 1 ohm. Big 3 in zero gauge, and all new zero gauge ofc to the amps. And an xs power D2400. Hoping it works out ok. Ill tune it with my DD-1 as well. I play my system at full tilt a lot though so might have to buy the high output alternator eventually. Which is the 270 amp DC Power XP series haha. :) Then Ill just want to upgrade more.

Hey guys if anyone else with a Nissan Frontier, Xterra, or titan is having the same issue as me and wondering about the voltage regulator. Here is a video I just found that shows exactly what Im talking about. Looks like you can fit a 2 gauge wire through it at least. I wish I could do 1/0 though. We'll see. It looks like there might be room.

Archived