Will replacing stock battery with a better battery on stock electrical help much?

Ok, so basically, I'm running around 680 watts(600 mono amp, 80 headunit power) total, and sometimes, depending on the state of the battery, voltage, or song (usually the low frequency ones), I sometimes drop from 13.5 to 11.4, and sometimes when I'm driving, the voltage ends up being around 12.8 without me playing anything, even after 2k rpms.

So I'm wondering if my stock lead acid battery is the problem cause I'm not running that much power, even though the MB Quart isn't the most efficient amp in the world.

My electrical:

Stock alt (55 amps idle, 100 amps after 2k)

4 gauge battery cable wiring (stock)

Stock 600 CCA Lead acid battery

My question is, would replacing my stock battery with a good group 34 agm battery help at all, even with the stock charging system?

Sometimes I mention this problem with my dad, and he gets annoyed cause he thinks it's my alternator being a piece of crap cause it's not charging my battery quick enough to keep up, and that if I get a bigger/better battery, I'll end up killing it cause I won't be able to charge it quick enough, and that I need a new alt or something(I do plan on getting a new one, but not for this problem). I don't think he's right, despite the fact he has an electrical degree(so he thinks he knows everything), cause I see some of you guys running around double or triple the power on stock electrical cause of having better and/or more batteries. So help me out here.

I'm also asking this cause I plan on getting a mid's and high's amp in the future, and electrical is what I'm worried most about.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Something is wrong, you shouldn't be dropping that low. I'm running 1400rms on stock alt with Big 3, 1/0 OFC all around and I only drop to 13.6, at idle. Could the battery just be going bad?

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I've had the battery for less than a year, which even in Florida (batterys die every 3 years), should be fine. I'm just thinking it's either too small, or not built to handle audio.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

My Volvo did the same thing with a new alt and battery. If I can locate the Volvo forums I used they can help allot. With mine I checked all the ground points and cleaned the power wire connections which helped a little. Only thing I found out was the computers and fan would draw so much currant it would raise the charge voltage for awhile. Then it would drop to a 12.5 volt charging cause of the way they set it up with the regulator. I just forgot how to bypass it. I didn't even have a amp other than factory lol.

Always a good investment to upgrade your battery. You'll notice a difference, especially with the amount of equipment your using on a stock charging system.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

A 55 amp alt can't really keep up with much above what a vehicle wants from it. A good Group 34 would definitely help your situation TONS.

That's what I'm thinking, cause as much as I love playing my music, the health of my car's electrical and equipment comes 1st, and I shouldn't have any trouble keeping a good group 34 charged right?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Hmm, sounds like I shouldn't have any problems putting in like a D/S3400 in the hood then

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived