I would go cam, Late-model Vortec heads(non-EGR), port work on said heads, and badass carb. If you have money left, roller rockers and valve springs.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm assuming the carb would be the most expensive so if the one I have ends up being good what else should I do?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

an LS1 engine would look sick on that car. fuel inject it you will not regret it

hppp_0802_04_z+1984_pontiac_trans_am+LS1.jpg

LOL are you gonna give me the rest of the money?!?!?!?!?!?!? hahahahaha

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

I would go cam, Late-model Vortec heads(non-EGR), port work on said heads, and badass carb. If you have money left, roller rockers and valve springs.

good deal? or just get the heads alone? http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet+Performance/809/12558060K1/10002/-1

I missed Alan.

okay here is the advise that i can give you. if your engine is jsut a regular old 350 then what i would do is cam kit, heads, and a bigger carb. that will be the fatest and easiest way for a 350 to get more power.

all these people saying go turbo or super its just not really achievable with $2000

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

okay here is the advise that i can give you. if your engine is jsut a regular old 350 then what i would do is cam kit, heads, and a bigger carb. that will be the fatest and easiest way for a 350 to get more power.

all these people saying go turbo or super its just not really achievable with $2000

yea kinda what i figured, and I saw gonna say I would be amazed if I found a good turbo/super for $2k haha

I missed Alan.

kinda just reiterating what was already said, but a set of vortec heads, better cam, intake and carb would be the way to go without breaking the bank. plus some headers and exhaust to let it breathe right with the bigger cam in it.

also, if you decide to go elcheapo and get a used set of vortecs, in stock form they're limited to around .480 lift, so they'll need to be modified for that cam wise. and those heads also don't do well with porting jobs, just a little clean up of any casting flash and some polishing to smooth things out.

Alrighty, So I'm a little more informed of the situation. I should have around $2500 to play with. SO FAR, I plan on

1. )Positraction

2.) Headers could possibly be warped from some shit leaking on it so those might come before the heads.

3.) heads (step 2 if the headers are fine)

4.) intake and carb, sometimes I get random backfires but i can tell that its not at the exhaust it sounds like its coming out of the cowel its so close, assuming its at the carb level.

it seems like its losing power too so im gonna guess that the carbs timing is off.........but i just had it rebuilt for $150, so I find it hard to believe it would be off a week later...either way ill most likely replace it

I missed Alan.

Archived