Sonic Electronix

I've never used sound deadening of any kind, and this upcoming week I will be using damlifier pro on my trunk. I know I need to clean the metal surfaces before I apply the material, any suggestions on solutions? Does rubbing alcohol work well? Also, any tips/tricks I should be aware of for the areas I need to leave uncovered, like the rear deck speaker cut outs or where the wiring harnesses/screws need to be coming through the material??

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Those cuts hurt lol

Yeah I cut my hand up while carpeting my box, shit sux haha. And I will post anything relevant that I find. Shold ii Cut the holes out before or after applying the damp? Just wondering cuz I know its hard to tell where to cut before its rolled/pressed down permanently...

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I always keep my heat gun handy when I apply deadner. it softens it up a little and makes it go on so much nicer. It gets hot quick though so do wear gloves or suffer like I usually do. lol

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

What I did was take my sheet of damp that I was about to lay, then before taking the backing off press it against the surface to form and any spots that stick out would press a little bit of a form into the backing, cut out at those spots to avoid covering wire mounts and stuff.

I thought that getting cut was a sign you were doing it right, lol. Guess i should buy some gloves. I used soap and water then followed with alcohol and i wasn't drinking it this time.

Archived