Galaxy S3 and avh-p3200dvd, Music via usb

First of all I'm new to android phones so I could just be overlooking something simple. I'm trying to get the headunit to read music off my phone via usb. It says "usb unsupported" on the hu screen and wont play. I wondering if I need to put it in a certain file structure or maybe even a certain app that will do it. I don't have bluetooth and I'm really not trying to go aux.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I think the reason its not reading it is because the file structure isnt removable storage. What you need to do is get a program called gscript lite and download the scripts to make the S3 mount to UMS mode as seen here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1785243

Now as a side note this may only make the headunit recognize the external memory card, not the internal memory as the UMS mode is really geared towards just the microSD card inside the phone. I have not tried to connect my S3 to any USB headunits before nor do i have a need to so this may/may not work for you but its a shot and its super easy to try. If it doesnt work you now have a script that allows you to copy files to your phone faster and dont have to wait for them to load like you do in media or picture mode.

If you get stuck let me know. I have had my S3 for a month and a half now and know a very good amount about all the tricks with it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

99.9% of h/u's this year WILL NOT! recondnize andriods software, its stupid i know, but the only way to stream music with android is through AUX or bluetooth streaming

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

freshman: i really think its because the S3 just has a different method of accessing the memory when connected via USB. Samsung wants you to use software to sync your phone up as opposed to the UMS mode that treats it like a flash drive and you sync what you want yourself. The version of the OS has no change because the file structure remains the same. The S3 and a few newer phones moved away from coming out of the box with UMS mode and it sucks because UMS is faster and easier to manage than MTP mode. Oh and if you have the S3 and connect it to your pc/mac via usb it will load one device and when you open that it will show internal memory or external memory. Because of that i guarantee the headunit has no clue what to do as its like connecting two thumb drives up at a single usb port.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I think the reason its not reading it is because the file structure isnt removable storage. What you need to do is get a program called gscript lite and download the scripts to make the S3 mount to UMS mode as seen here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1785243

Now as a side note this may only make the headunit recognize the external memory card, not the internal memory as the UMS mode is really geared towards just the microSD card inside the phone. I have not tried to connect my S3 to any USB headunits before nor do i have a need to so this may/may not work for you but its a shot and its super easy to try. If it doesnt work you now have a script that allows you to copy files to your phone faster and dont have to wait for them to load like you do in media or picture mode.

If you get stuck let me know. I have had my S3 for a month and a half now and know a very good amount about all the tricks with it.

Thanks but I don't want to root the phone just yet, I barely know how to use it as it is now lol

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Rooting it is easy and cant harm anything as long as you dont get root explorer and start renaming and deleting stuff. I currently have mine rooted but left the recovery partition on the stock recovery. I had cyanogenmod 10 on it but i couldnt do OTA updates so i flashed it via ODIN back to stock. I have the verizon galaxy s3 pebble blue with the 16gb of memory. rooting another carrier's s3 may be slightly different but they have scripts out there that take out the hassle of you running it via command prompt like i do every time i root peoples phones.

Archived