Jump to content

ground pound on 16 volts???


Recommended Posts

Posted

Do 16v batteries do well for ground pounding? I know you would need more 16v batts then say 12v group 31s but with a dedicated 18+ volt alternator say 350-400 amp running 8k would it be better off running two 270 amp 12 volt alts and staying 12v

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Posted

For daily, I would just stick with 12v. You get much better reserve with 12v batteries. If you want the extra power that you would get with running your amp at 18v, jsut get a bigger amp.

Posted

That makes sense to me. I loveeee to demo for people. So I really need the reserve capacity. It's just too bad there's not larger 16v batts

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2517 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...