DC Sound Lab

DC Level 2 Question

I'm still looking around before my rebuild, just comparing options. Is the Xmax rating on the DC level 2 peak to peak or one way linear? Thanks in advance.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

I apologize for the thread Jack, but what's a realistic rms for the level 2? I know it has to be underrated coming from DC audio. I've been looking at investing in a couple for a while now.

i would run 1k through it. but totally depends on a ton of things. you cant just through it on amy amp and box and such.....

As far as rms rating, run the spec recommended rms, see how it performs on various notes after loosening up, then up the power til you see warning signs of thermal and mechanical issues. But this requires knowing what to look for.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Without knowing you and your skill Level, stick with RMS rating. I will never recommend running more than rated power to a sub unless you have previously dealt with that sub and know its limits. What I can safely put to a sub and what someone else that doesnt know that particular sub are going to be completely different numbers.

Basically what I am saying is if you want to put 1000w to a sub, buy one that is rated close to that. The gain you will see by putting 1kw to a 600w sub will be minimal and you run the risk of damaging the sub. If you do this, it will just cost you money for a recone, when if you would have just spent the extra money in the first place for a higher rated sub, you wouldnt have to be dealing with any of that.