Sundown Audio

Audiopipe AP-15001D Tested for RMS Power Output

WillistonAudioLabs

that 4ohm your trying to brag about is coming from a 2ohm stable amp so it's not that big of a deal. if you ran the diamond at 4ohm it was doing like 300w while the audiopipe "should" be doing 1500w. so of course there was a difference. but it doesnt mean shit.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you know what the difference is between a BMW and a porcupine?

A porcupine has it's pricks on the outside.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Anyways, I have seen a few tests on the 1500's, and 3000's and on every one they did rated power, so I decided to get one to puch my '11 RE XXX 15. I have to say that even in a sealed box (I know, ported is better no matter what) at 4 ohms it has more output than my IA DR 18" in a custom ported box on a Diamond Ausdio D6 1500.1, which was in an SUV. Did I mention it is wired at 4 ohms and I am getting over 3" peak to peak excursion?

As far as the sound quality, I'm no expert, but aside from the rattles it sounds as good as any sub / amp combo I've heard, so I guess I can't complain, especially for $280 shipped.

Long story short, it seems strange that there are at least 5 tests done on the AP series amps showing they make clean power at or above the ratings, and then there is this test which shows much worse output, but magically there are no other amps but the two AP's tested for reference.

Anyways, no matter what, I am happy with the amp and sub. It MURDERS the lows and is painful to the ear in the trunk of a BMW 3 series , in a sealed box wired to 4 ohms, stock electrical. Happy as a lark

LOL louder? then YOU did something WRONG....

AP DOES NOT DO RATED. how about you send i to Steve to AD-1...i want to see some hearts get broken. It has been shown that clamping IS NOT ACCCURATE....How did they say it in their thread..something like you might as well use a yardstick to measure output.. Clamping is designed to show DC output, not AC and some shit about phase that is way over my head. But I understand it is not a relaible method. You can clip the fuck out of the output and get bloated results...ALL BS.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

As someone who drives a Beamer..you should know something about "quality".... just because you might be able to hit 100mph in a geo metro, doesn't mean its the same 100mph as a M3.

hard on your electrical, shitty efficiency, and hurts equipment, clipped power sucks.

Also they have constant noise through the outputs from the FAN....so you will never had a 100% clean signal even if your source was perfect.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

bimmer* :P

you seem to have it all backwards... you make fun of some of us for having an older car in EXCELLENT condition because we take care of it. Then you make fun of us again because we like to put GOOD equipment into our cars... since when was this forum about what kind of car you drive??? I could give 2 shits what kind of car or how old it is. Stop trying to get off topic with your "my car is better than yours" bullshit. This is where you have it backwards. Some of us drive old cars with expensive equipment, yes... you seems to enjoy driving a more expensive car with shit equipment.

There seems to be a constant trend of people saying that audiopipe is dirty power and poor quality, but time and time again you seem to think otherwise for some reason.

that 4ohm your trying to brag about is coming from a 2ohm stable amp so it's not that big of a deal. if you ran the diamond at 4ohm it was doing like 300w while the audiopipe "should" be doing 1500w. so of course there was a difference. but it doesnt mean shit.

What is up with the condescending tones of everyone on here. Noone's trying to brag. I'm just saying that at 4 ohm (1500 watts) it is as loud as the much more expensive D^ amp was at 1500 watts on a larger sub, in a ported box. I was also trying to relate the ffact that most people are under the misconception that a RE XXX has too weak a motor to use all 2" of Xmax, when, according to this test I am only at roughly what, 1,000 watts or less and am getting over 3" peak to peak.

In other words, I believe it does what it is rated at, and I believe that at 4 ohms I am pushing at least 1500 clean watts into that sub.

The condescending tone didnt start til you popped off. Probably shoukd have thought that through

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

As someone who drives a Beamer..you should know something about "quality".... just because you might be able to hit 100mph in a geo metro, doesn't mean its the same 100mph as a M3.

hard on your electrical, shitty efficiency, and hurts equipment, clipped power sucks.

Also they have constant noise through the outputs from the FAN....so you will never had a 100% clean signal even if your source was perfect.

they have interference from the fan? seriously? who the hell designed that circuit?

to be more helpful (than I was) just because a signal isn't clipped doesn't mean nothing else can happen to it. when we say "dirty" we mean this:

Inverter_Con_Gen_SineWave.jpeg

And you have no idea if it's doing this or not so stop saying its "clean power"

What is up with the condescending tones of everyone on here. Noone's trying to brag. I'm just saying that at 4 ohm (1500 watts) it is as loud as the much more expensive D^ amp was at 1500 watts on a larger sub, in a ported box. I was also trying to relate the ffact that most people are under the misconception that a RE XXX has too weak a motor to use all 2" of Xmax, when, according to this test I am only at roughly what, 1,000 watts or less and am getting over 3" peak to peak.

In other words, I believe it does what it is rated at, and I believe that at 4 ohms I am pushing at least 1500 clean watts into that sub.

I didn't know text had a tone........ I don't hear it.... must be me.

you bragged when you said "at 4ohm...... did I mention it was at 4ohm?"

Archived