Slow Processor

I've tried searching around looking for an answer but I'm not finding anything. My problem is that I bought a Lenovo B575 laptop a couple months ago which has the AMD-350 processor. I really didn't do enough of my homework but after just a few months this thing has gotten slow to the point that trying to watch anything besides a youtube 360p video is choppy. I've tried going through it and running a few programs to clean it up but it's still just as slow. I realize this isn't anything special and it didn't have to be since it's a personal laptop for home, but trying to watch a tv show or movie on this thing is painful. I've thought about doing a factory reset but I'm not sure that 100% confident in what I'm doing as I'm not that knowledgable with computers, so what other options do I have? I'd like to avoid tearing the computer apart to add something better if I can.

Here's some laptop specs:

Lenovo B575

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD-350 processor, 1596 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)

Installed memory: 4.00 gb

Thanks.

Since you're not knowledgeable, honestly what I would do is take it to a shop (reputable obviously that people recommend) and have them upgrade the processor. You would have to find out what model you have (like what socket type, which I'm sure a quick google search on your AMD-350 will say) and then you can see what type of processor you want. I myself have a 4 year laptop (be 4 years next month) and eh, it's slow but it still gets the job done. Don't have near the problems you have such as the youtube thing.

But yeah, find out what socket type you have, then go to a shop nearby and 1-see what processors they have and will charge you for the processor plus installation or 2-buy the processor yourself from newegg or whatnot and then find a shop to install it.

In reality, installing it shouldn't cost that much. I mean if you already have the new processor, all they're doing is removing the old one along with the thermal compound, putting new compound on and putting the processor on. Maybe editing the BIOS settings as well. Basically what happens for the PS3 when it messes up. simple but if you don't know what you're doing? don't do it. get it done for you. So I'd think $60-70 max to install it. And that's on the very high end. A processor can vary depending on what you get. Some out there for a few hundred, some out there for thousands. Depends on you.

Your memory is fine. I mean it is a little low but I believe my laptop has 3 gb. Runs fine, a little slow but not horrid. And also 4 years old, what do you expect?

Sheena = pedobear

I'll have to look into a different processor then and see what's involved. Too bad they're not universal though seeing as I have a 4 year old laptop that was much faster than this new one, just worn out. I guess I figured any laptop out there should be able to do a simple task such as play videos without being choppy.

Edit: Looked online and it says that the AMD E-350 processor is a BGA processor and its soldered in place and can't be replaced.

The E-350 should be enough to run basic tasks like web browsing and such. Upgrading RAM may help. I'd start by removing programs you don't use often (including whatever you may have installed to clean it out), dumping temporary folders, and running a Malwarebytes scan. Windows has a "Disk Cleaner" tool built in to delete the temporary stuff. Malwarebytes is a free download from here: Malwarebytes Download Page

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

The E-350 should be enough to run basic tasks like web browsing and such. Upgrading RAM may help. I'd start by removing programs you don't use often (including whatever you may have installed to clean it out), dumping temporary folders, and running a Malwarebytes scan. Windows has a "Disk Cleaner" tool built in to delete the temporary stuff. Malwarebytes is a free download from here: Malwarebytes Download Page

I've already done all of that and nothing really changed. I even tried malwarebytes. The processor does basic tasks but when I want to stream a video or watch a clip above 360p it gets choppy and the video quality suffers as well. I've also tried changing my anti-virus from Avast to AVG to see if it'd help at all but it didn't.

AVG (it sucks). Chrome (get firefox). Not sure wtf Paint is... but that's cool. Lol.

And I know how you feel about buying a new one... but it's sounding like a motherboard/processor fix (new motherboard and processor) or new whole laptop. Definitely sucks, specially being few months old... but if you want to play videos from youtube or videos in general, without crap quality or whatnot, that seems like the fix. 4GB of ram is fine... so all those responses of upgrading it, yeah whatever. I have 3 GB and my shit runs fine. Lol.

Edit: if you do remove those programs, it won't speed up your laptop. It's just preferences lol. So don't think uninstalling those will cause it to be better (although uninstalling AVG or at least disabling it while watching youtube or whatnot may help performance)

Sheena = pedobear

Archived