Sundown Audio

multiple questions concerning the audioque 3500.1

Fatman489

First please excuse my grammar and any spelling errors you run across as I browse from my not so smart smart phone lol .Now I have a few questions in regard to the aq 3500 , I have a 92 civic hatchback , currently has a HDC3 18 in a 6cube box tuned to 35hz (built to DD 18" box specs lol ) I am not new to audio by any means just new ti having the cash to do it right and this big . But the 18 is ran off a t1000bd ( gen right before bdcp came out ) and I can tell the sub wants more power and my ears want more power lol . It is a copper coil dual 2 , I mainly purchased the sub because I've always wanted an 18 but knew it would get annoying not being able to use my cargo cover so I didn't want to spring the cash for a DD 9518 , but first I want to see what she will really do, if it pops it pops doesn't concern me , but I generally set my gains conservatively ( never blown a sub on accident ) so it should be fine but bow for my list of questions

1. I have a xs power d5100r on the way, already contacted mechman for some alternator loving , and was planning a few more d5100rs ( was going to buy all at the same time but my underhood battery died so I just got an xs instead of a stock one ) I have yet to hear back from mechman on size of alter he offers for a 94 integra gsr ( the civic is swapped to a gsr engine so I need a gsr alt ) but assuming he can facilitate atleast a 220-250 amp how many batteries total would you recommend for the aq to run at .5 ohm ? How about 1ohm ? Only going to run xs d5100rs ( just want matching batteries , just a personal preference )

2. Would there be any benefits or problems if I was to run one set of inputs to rear battery A and the other set to rear battery B ?

3. I'm heavily considering replacing the 18 with 2 RE XXX 12s , with their 2000rms I was thinking dual 2 versions to run the aq at .5 ohm ... How do you think this would work out ? Or should I get dual 4s and just run it at 1ohm ?

And I realize I may be scrutinized with "if your asking about .5 ohm you don't need to do it" type comments , but like I said I'm not new to audio just semi new to going this big lol and specifically this amp , but I feel it should accent my 2 aura Mr675h amps well... I look forward to learning a lot from you guys here I've been reading around for awhile just haven't posted because until my recent career change I was only making around 250$ a week ... I now make 4-6 times that and have 2 bills , my cell and my car insurance lol but let me know what you guys think :)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Oh yea , I never listen to my system with the car off , and its a daily driver , I don't compete nor do I intend too , just for my own listening pleasure , any more info you need ask and I will answer to the best of my ability ... Also my wiring will be all knuconcepts , I already have most of it but I may end up having to order more since plans have changed from when I ordered the first batch

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

u can use a different battery for each positive on ur aq3500.1 I ran 2 strapped at .7 on 1mechman270 1d3400 and 2 3100s for months I kept my rpms up and voltage stayed 13.4

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Each one at .7 or total imp at .7 ? .. good to know thanks for the response , I'm hoping he can get me around a 300+ amp alt , that and 3-4 d5100s , I was really hoping to run 3 rear batteries 2 for the 3500 and 1 to hook my 2 aura amps to , but I have to get back home and measure to see if I have the room ... My car still has a back seat so space is for sure limited lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

total, so it would be 1.4 total and .7 each amp

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Niiice .. any chance you clamped them? .. kinda curious what to expect at .5 lol .. either way I'm sure it should be enough to make a pair of xxx 12s get moving ... With box rise ect I hope to be no higher than around 1.25 .. ideally would prefer lower of course lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Nope, I only clamped them on my wall but that was with different woofers different enclosure,

I only really clamp for my own setup because each small change you do on your setup could change the outcome

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Fair enough , I'm also curious to see how long the hdc3 handles the 3500@ 1 ohm .. when it pops I'm probably gonna get the d1 aluminum coil recone and tuck it away for now ... It should rock my lil civic purdy good till it pops though

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

The HDC3 will take some abuse. As long as you aren't clipping it, and dont set your subsonic too low you shouldn't have much issue out of that woofer. Hope you like the 3500!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

I hope I like it too ... And I kinda hope the hdc3 don't take the 3500 at 1ohm too well haha ... Gives me a reason to get something else ... In reality the 18 is too big for my little civic but whatever ... I wanted one so I got it and now I'm gonna see what it will really do :)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Archived