70yr old pulls gun on me for having my system loud... :O

You Americans and your guns !!!

But I know it can be like "kill or be killed" in some States, sometimes.

OP, you should have excuse yourself first and turned down the system when you saw someone coming to "talk" to you.

Next time, you'll know. And I hope you won't have your gun in your car. So you can't kill someone for a loud stereo system !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

1 1/2 blocks on the other side of the park is hardly far enough to be blasting your music for 15mins. Bass is gonna resonate and piss people off. Also, telling the old guy to shut the fuck up and leave wasn't the brightest thing to do. Just glad you didn't get shot or the laws on bass would have been in question.

Agreed on it not being far enough away. But if someone comes up to me spewing shit out of their mouth I'm not gonna be polite. It's gonna be "shut the fuck up and get out of my face".

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I bet if you would of turned your stereo down when he showed up and just said sorry for bothering ya sir and listened to him vent for probably 1 min you wouldn't of had the business end of a gun in your direction. What he did wasn't right by any means but use this as a lesson learned.

i know what you mean and yeah of course i wouldn't want to get killed or kill anyone over adjusting my system. still i don't think i could take hearing anyone "vent", bitch, disrespect me for more than a sec. Now that doesn't mean i would have pulled a gun on him but still. I thought i was being respectful enough to go away to what i thought was a seculed area and he should have noticed that. If i was him i'd be like, "hey man, could you please lower it down. i live on the other side of the park and i can hear it pretty loud". i would have not issues with that and immediately lowered it.

But yea...lesson learned. don't get old people pissed off...they might pull a gun on you. LOL :P

ya, but "nice" isnt what motivates a man enough to get out of his house, hop in the car, and track you down. there will ALWAYS be miscommunications in life and some times one person reacts completely wrong. we have all been on both sides of that situation. talking nice to the angry person and explaining the situation doesn't always work, but yelling back NEVER works lol. you just have to drop the "alpha male" mentality. add this to the "when keeping it real goes wrong" lol.

the best part about this story for all of us... I think you found NoBoomCars from youtube and got him to go to jail lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I bet if you would of turned your stereo down when he showed up and just said sorry for bothering ya sir and listened to him vent for probably 1 min you wouldn't of had the business end of a gun in your direction. What he did wasn't right by any means but use this as a lesson learned.

i know what you mean and yeah of course i wouldn't want to get killed or kill anyone over adjusting my system. still i don't think i could take hearing anyone "vent", bitch, disrespect me for more than a sec. Now that doesn't mean i would have pulled a gun on him but still. I thought i was being respectful enough to go away to what i thought was a seculed area and he should have noticed that. If i was him i'd be like, "hey man, could you please lower it down. i live on the other side of the park and i can hear it pretty loud". i would have not issues with that and immediately lowered it.

But yea...lesson learned. don't get old people pissed off...they might pull a gun on you. LOL :P

ya, but "nice" isnt what motivates a man enough to get out of his house, hop in the car, and track you down. there will ALWAYS be miscommunications in life and some times one person reacts completely wrong. we have all been on both sides of that situation. talking nice to the angry person and explaining the situation doesn't always work, but yelling back NEVER works lol. you just have to drop the "alpha male" mentality. add this to the "when keeping it real goes wrong" lol.

the best part about this story for all of us... I think you found NoBoomCars from youtube and got him to go to jail lol.

ah snap, i didn't even know that channel existed on youtube. too funny.

Two sides as always. You were way too close and the bass resonates, speakers are a LOT louder than you think. You should have said something nicer,but if someone pulls out a gun, I wouldn't even think twice, either they drop it or I drop them. Two things...next time,keep your gun on you,and keep a camera with you...I plan on a rotatable dash cam.

POTATO!

Wow... I would have shit myself and ran as well!! I just applied for my pistol permit here in NY, for a concealed carry. That means you CANNOT advertise the weapon, put it on display, threaten with it, etc. You can only present the weapon when you are in "immediate danger" and require it to defend yourself or others. You hadn't threatened him at all, use this old man as an example! He's old, he should even know better than us...

just a quick correction. I DID NOT run! LOL dame news cast put that in to make it more interesting. I simplyl backed up and got cover behind my truck. :) Even if i would have "ran", i was around empty lots...no buildings or trees or anything. The nearest building was like 1/2 block away.

Oh okay, that makes sense not to really run then. I still woulda crapped lol

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

Archived