Jump to content

Admitted I am spamming to hit 150


Recommended Posts

Posted

an now that i have it deadened real good i may go ahead an purchase some fat mat to do a final layer that way the whole car will be at least 3 layers thick in most areas except doors an all the peel an seal haters will get off my back cause i can guarantee peel an seal nor fat mat are the best but using that much of both with poly fill i bet yields a better results then 650 bucks worth of second skin an id only have enough for 1 layer in my car

Posted

dynamat would have coast about 300 dollars second skin would have been 634 fat mat would have been 160 if i got it in bulk all these prices are bulk pricing if you buy small kits these numbers increase alot so for what i paid an results i got i don't think money was wasted especially cause i have a kid an cant really afford to pay for all at once an buying it as i go an still paying less sounds like i got a good deal

Posted

also fat mat would have required more then 1 layer as would have dynamat an those prices were for 1 layer on my whole car so i would have spent atleast 400 to get same results granted it took alot more time to install then 1 layer of second skin would have saved alot of money

Posted

As everyone will state... car audio? not cheap. lots are saving. I mean shit... me myself? need a new batt, need h/o alt, need dampening, need new components and tweets, need big 3.

How long will it take to achieve that? Probably finish paying off my car first (and I have like 4 years left). Some things are vital for car audio such as the correct wire but... you don't go buy the cheap shit just because it's cheaper. You go and save for the good shit.

You like what you did? Sweet, that's all that matters since it's YOUR system and YOUR car. But like me personally? I don't want spray and fuck up in my car. I went for some of the best, got second skin. Have I used it all? No. Did I apply it right? Maybe not as efficiently as someone who's done it for years, but it helped. Big improvement. I'm happy with it so doesn't matter what others think.

But also, you do have to look at you and what the rest of the world has done. There are those that have done this for countless years, not only as a hobby but for a job. They're recognized as not only the country's best but world's best. What do they use? Probably some sort of actual sound dampening and not anything you can spray. Why? Well, they're the best and became that way for a reason. They don't use the cheapest stuff, they use the best quality stuff. So by no means am I saying for anyone to copy the best installer's methods... I think it's only smart to. I mean they are the best and know what they're doing. But also, EVERY SYSTEM/SETUP/APPLICATION is different. Maybe one brand works best for one vehicle and another brand works better for another. I mean do you think they use the exact same subs and amps in every vehicle? Hell no. I'm sure for this vehicle they use that, that vehicle they use this, etc etc. And hell, even for identical vehicles they may use different equipment so each customer gets a "custom" setup.

So in the end lcbass, you're happy with the result. That's all that matters. It does the job you want. You didn't want to stop flex, etc etc. It performs as you want. That's all that matters.

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

im posting alot to get to 150 sorry dont mean to seem like im tryin to stand up for peel an seal an i agree but i still would have spent alot more on second skin then i did an just cause there is better doesnt mean i wasted money thats like sayin a guy wasted money on a 12 sundown when he could of had a 15 maybe the 12 suited him better maybe peel an seal suited my situation better

OH REALLY... I dont think you will be reaching that 150 anytime soon NOW...

^^Lt smoke post jacked

Posted

As everyone will state... car audio? not cheap. lots are saving. I mean shit... me myself? need a new batt, need h/o alt, need dampening, need new components and tweets, need big 3.

How long will it take to achieve that? Probably finish paying off my car first (and I have like 4 years left). Some things are vital for car audio such as the correct wire but... you don't go buy the cheap shit just because it's cheaper. You go and save for the good shit.

You like what you did? Sweet, that's all that matters since it's YOUR system and YOUR car. But like me personally? I don't want spray and fuck up in my car. I went for some of the best, got second skin. Have I used it all? No. Did I apply it right? Maybe not as efficiently as someone who's done it for years, but it helped. Big improvement. I'm happy with it so doesn't matter what others think.

But also, you do have to look at you and what the rest of the world has done. There are those that have done this for countless years, not only as a hobby but for a job. They're recognized as not only the country's best but world's best. What do they use? Probably some sort of actual sound dampening and not anything you can spray. Why? Well, they're the best and became that way for a reason. They don't use the cheapest stuff, they use the best quality stuff. So by no means am I saying for anyone to copy the best installer's methods... I think it's only smart to. I mean they are the best and know what they're doing. But also, EVERY SYSTEM/SETUP/APPLICATION is different. Maybe one brand works best for one vehicle and another brand works better for another. I mean do you think they use the exact same subs and amps in every vehicle? Hell no. I'm sure for this vehicle they use that, that vehicle they use this, etc etc. And hell, even for identical vehicles they may use different equipment so each customer gets a "custom" setup.

So in the end lcbass, you're happy with the result. That's all that matters. It does the job you want. You didn't want to stop flex, etc etc. It performs as you want. That's all that matters.

THIS.

well said my friend

im posting alot to get to 150 sorry

that's just gonna get you in trouble buddy ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 372 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...