Anyone know of Homestead, FL???

What's going on everyone, so i was wondering if anyone is familiar with or lives around Homestead, FL.

I got back from leave only to realize that I came down on orders to report to Homestead AFB mid February. I know it is 30+ miles south of Miami but how is the area, i'm sure the weather will be much better than it is here in Washington State. What are your suggestions for finding a suitable place to live or good areas. I have only a son now he is 2 about to turn 3.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

that should be a pretty good assignment. It's a Guard base, so most likely you will be thrown in to work with them. The AF is starting to do this at a lot of guard and reserve bases, basically just providing workers for them. I was trying for that base too, I ended up getting Fort Worth, I'll be working with a reserve shop there. what's your job?

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

workin with the reserves is a disaster trust me

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

workin with the reserves is a disaster trust me

damn, hopefully it's not too bad. This will be a totally new situation for me. The good part is I will be back in the states and be able to work on my truck.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

homestead is straight i lived there for a lil in leisure city and by the red lands i rather live closer to the beach for that nice ass breeze youll be straight there as far as things to do its up and coming no big clubs that i know of out there far as movies shopping you can do that your kids are still young so im thinking by the time they get older youll prolly be stationed some where else so wont have to worry about your kids going to there middle and high schools theres a nascar track there if your into that lol luckily your coming when the weather is getting better theres some members on here that live in that area welcome to the 305 papo

Thanks to all for the info. And as far as night life I've done plenty of that so that's old for me haha. Yea yea I'm only 23 but I started partying real young so by the time I turned 20 I was done you know. I'll throw back a few beers here and there but the whole party scene is done. Now I just spend time with my wife and soon to be 3 year old son. As I mentioned in a previous Post my youngest passed not long ago so it's us three for the time being..

And by trade I am a radio operator but I've spent the last 4 years doing nothing but system network ops as I have been attatched to a combat hospital the past 4yrs. I guess I'll have to check on how the BAH rate changes. Currently in WA it's $1260. But everything is quite expensive. And well I hope to be somewhere with quick access to the beach so I can do some surf fishing. Kinda one of my big hobbies besides audio. Once I get there I'll be starting a build as soon as I aquire a vehicle that suits my needs..

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Archived