Second Skin Audio

Opinions on 2 10" HCCA 10.2's

I was looking at getting these from a guy locally. He wants $600 for the pair. One is brand new and one is in brand new condition. I currently have two 15" 9500's but am only running one right now due to space limitations. Obviously with the 10's I should be able to fit them both in.

My concern is that the single 15" 9500 I'm running right now gets pretty loud and I'm just wondering if it would be worth it to spend $600 on some 10's? I'm currently trying to sell the 9500's but am not getting many offers,

I wouldn't...

More cone area on the 15. If you hav ethe right amount of airspace I would just keep the 15.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

No its not the dimension of the cone that is the cone area.....

Airspace is the space of air..usually used when referring to the size of your box and how much is needed..probably 3-4ft cubed of airspace is needed for a 15 and similar for 2-10's.

Cone area is radius squared x pi..... rough idea is 15"cone has 7.5 radius.... so 7.5 x 7.5 x pi = 176sq inches

area of 2 10's is roughly 157sq inches 5 x 5 x 2(for two subs) x pi = 157

So you already have more cone area and would be losing cone area and 600$ for 2 subs that IMO arent as good as DD95's imo....

I wouldnt even trade em let alone buy em.

If you want to go with 2 tens and more power...recone the 95's to two 10's since you have two... You can sell the 15" baskets make a few bucks back.

If you are thinking of running more power than the 1 DD95 could handle I would recone to two 10's...but thats because IMO I would rather have DD95's than HCCA's anyday.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

No its not the dimension of the cone that is the cone area.....

Airspace is the space of air..usually used when referring to the size of your box and how much is needed..probably 3-4ft cubed of airspace is needed for a 15 and similar for 2-10's.

Cone area is radius squared x pi..... rough idea is 15"cone has 7.5 radius.... so 7.5 x 7.5 x pi = 176sq inches

area of 2 10's is roughly 157sq inches 5 x 5 x 2(for two subs) x pi = 157

So you already have more cone area and would be losing cone area and 600$ for 2 subs that IMO arent as good as DD95's imo....

I wouldnt even trade em let alone buy em.

If you want to go with 2 tens and more power...recone the 95's to two 10's since you have two... You can sell the 15" baskets make a few bucks back.

If you are thinking of running more power than the 1 DD95 could handle I would recone to two 10's...but thats because IMO I would rather have DD95's than HCCA's anyday.

Very quality post. Thanks CHRIS :good:

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Archived