Second Skin Audio

Opinions on my box design please :)

KingPepsi

and remember that at the back of that box, the port width should be half the width of the center port section. So it should be 1.25 wide. also that type of box is 2 common walls not 3

other than that it looks awesome

Awesome Thank you! Ill fix that in the final version.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Ok so by dropping the port width at the rear to 1.25" I have actuallu shortened my port to 23". Not going to work. So i need to lengthen the rear walls again. Can i do another turn with the port? I need to get to 38" to achieve the tuning i want.

You also have 3 common port walls. That is a slot port at one end of the box. Not down the middle - in which case it would be 2 common walls.

Also: What kind of power are you pushing to those woofers? You could step it up to around 2cuft net to gain some efficiency. That would also help out with your port problem.

You also have 3 common port walls. That is a slot port at one end of the box. Not down the middle - in which case it would be 2 common walls.

Thanks! I fixed it in the new one im working on.

Also: What kind of power are you pushing to those woofers? You could step it up to around 2cuft net to gain some efficiency. That would also help out with your port problem.

Thinking about a SAZ 1500 v3 at 1 ohm so D4's wired in parallel parallel. And I was keeping or trying to keep the box within manufacturer specs of .5-.75 cubes per woofer

Ok so by dropping the port width at the rear to 1.25" I have actuallu shortened my port to 23". Not going to work. So i need to lengthen the rear walls again. Can i do another turn with the port? I need to get to 38" to achieve the tuning i want.

when you put the info into torres for a 2 common wall box, you count the port as the 2.5 for the whole length of the port, even though after it bends it is half as wide., you wouldnt enter the 1.25 into the calculator anywhere.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

when you put the info into torres for a 2 common wall box, you count the port as the 2.5 for the whole length of the port, even though after it bends it is half as wide., you wouldnt enter the 1.25 into the calculator anywhere.

I didnt. I put 2.5 into the calc. But if i add the two 1.25 sections together with the 2.5" center section i get roughly 23" of total 2.5" port legth. I need 30" I did a few more recalcs with torres and made the box a hair bigger. 30" of 2.5" port and it tunes to right on 35hz with proper port area and port area per foot. I think im on the right path now. Ill have a new one up tomorrow. I have a massive headache hahah.

you should only add 1 of those lengths to the length of the center one, you may have already have known that one, but i figured i would throw that out there

Nevermind i figured it out :)

Archived