and i respect that, were all entitled to our opinions but ill get it all in there and she'll get loud. And all the companies i would be interested in(dc, sundown, psi, aa,etc...) are all way too far out of my price range.

sundown makes a 600rms woofer for like $200. have you even contacted the companies for pricing?

you seriously can get MUCH louder and sound better without those terrible woofers. when i had a single level 3 on like 800w, it was louder than tons of other mainstream systems i've heard that had more cone area and "more" power.

if you blow a kicker woofer, you CANNOT recone it. rendering it a kind-of expensive paper weight. my dc's are able to be reconed every day if i felt like it.

heres a deal you'll like. 12" audioque hdc3. handles roughly 2000rms. $250 free shipping directly from the warehouse.

http://www.audioque....oofer_p_23.html coupon: freefall

coupon works on any audioque product.

L7 15s dont need 4cubes. My dad called the kicker tech line and asked if his would sound good in around 2 cubes and they said it will slam and it does. They are expensive their are better put there but theres just a wow factor in having a solo. Nothing sounds the same as they do. Not huggin kickers not just puttin it out there. Solos are made for small enclosures thats probly part of the problem people have with them is that they make the box to big

yes, and alpines "tech" people say that the type r 12 works best in a 1 cubic foot enclosure with 9sqin of port. yes, that DEFINITELY works well.

in my opinion, the "tech" guys dont know shit. they didn't design the woofer. all they do is read what has been typed into their computer and blindly tell it to the customer like a robot.

its been proven time and time again that l7/cvr/whatever, LOVE big ported boxes. except from the solo classic which is solely made for small boxes.

ok so i got a hold of rusty from dc yesterday and i guess their not as expensive as i once thought. i want something thats going to snap necks from people turning so fast to see whats so loud, i want the wow factor and i want shit to get loud. if i could id like to keep the same company throughout the car, in the world of car audio i know to do everything that can be harder than i had expected. Thats one of the reasons i like kicker products, because you could keep the same company throughout the whole car. This build im gonna keep my eyes, ears and expectations open. I really shouldnt be soo picky because there are quite a few of great brands out there for competition equipment.

you can make (almost) anything get "loud". it comes down to (mainly) the box.

why do you want to keep the same brands when it comes to subs/speakers/amps etc? do you have a good reason?

There's a couple of guys here who used to run all Kicker, but now they still run mostly Kicker but use different branded subs like DC or Skar, etc.

Kicker is still a great company with nice sounding components, and very good amps.

Here's a couple of guys with nice Kicker setups

http://www.stevemead....dshighs/<br />http://www.stevemead.../<br /><br />http://www.stevemead...mped-midshighs/

and another all kicker setup

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152962-mazda3-06-5000-rms-kicker-setup-tri-amped-midshighs/

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

why do you want to keep the same brands when it comes to subs/speakers/amps etc? do you have a good reason?

I just think the appeal of everything matching adds that much more to the install, and people will appreciate it that much more. And ive been a kicker guy for quite some time, five installs and theyve all been kicker. The thing that started to scare me away from kicker though was that people at wal mart can get kicker equipment, it took all the exclusiveness out of it. I liked repping something that noone else around here had, but now there are tons of wannabees that hopped on the bandwaggon in the past few months and its not the same by any means. Chances are that i will go with a different brand than kicker for this one, i want something exclusive again.

I just think the appeal of everything matching adds that much more to the install, and people will appreciate it that much more. And ive been a kicker guy for quite some time, five installs and theyve all been kicker. The thing that started to scare me away from kicker though was that people at wal mart can get kicker equipment, it took all the exclusiveness out of it. I liked repping something that noone else around here had, but now there are tons of wannabees that hopped on the bandwaggon in the past few months and its not the same by any means. Chances are that i will go with a different brand than kicker for this one, i want something exclusive again.

Kicker is that brand even without being in Walmart. Mainstream as hell!

not all "non-mainstream" companies offer full lines of speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers. because they're focusing on one aspect of their brand name. not fucking everything.

if you want exclusivity, you can do for example: crescendo amplifiers. audioque subwoofers. crescendo mids and highs.

or Fi subwoofers, dc amplifiers, selenium mids and highs.

just because everything is one brand, doesn't mean its going to be the best. ill bet you that you can get much more for your money if you mix brands.

Archived