Sundown Audio

Amp Help Fast!

PaulO2288

Maybe your positive is grounding out somewhere in the car??? If it did it to both amps and the ground is good than that is the only thing I can think of.

It honestly deffintally has something to do with the ground or power wire somewhere. Now my ground is shared for the high amp and sub amp and the high amp works no problem when the sub amp is connected. So when i just connected the ground to the amp was flickering on and off like there was power going through the ground. I need to check that their is no nicks in the wire touching the car frame and etc. Ill deffintally get help if i can figure it out

unhook the positive side of the battery or take off your power wire to your amp, then take a multimeter and ohm it to see if there is any resistance. if there is resistance that means that your power wire is grounding out. find the problem and fix it. solved.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Alright guys now with the amp not even turned on and i pop in 1 fuse the fuse sparks like hell and then it starts to smoke inside the amp! So i took the amp out and tryed another amp that i had laying around a 400 watt amp and connected everything remote to turn on etc and it did the same thing. So then i disonnected everything but the remote and hooked up the ground first and the amp then starts flickering on and off. Then i took out the ground and put the power (12v) to it and the connected the ground then it put my other amp into protect and it shut both amps off. Any help need to get this fixed today!!!

uhm you did remember to take the ground off the battery right? it will spark if you try to add fuses while the ground on the battery is connected.