help me make as much noize as possible

in reality, you can go much bigger. unless you go up to 4in coil subs and double or triple the power, like the HDC4's on about 5krms.

i dont think my trunk will support much bigger and still allow me to keep a spare. i am already close to dragging the ground hahaa. besides that it is a son of a b!#ch to find a good alt for an older mercedes that will support that much power!

upgrade your suspension like most others do. and you can get a stock one rewound by mechman like meade did, they dont make a HO alt for his lexus, but somehow he got a 270a.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

When I had my E320 I had the same problem so I cut out part of the rear deck. Ran my port through it and left room around the port for more sound to get through.

that sounds like a good idea i had an installer build me a box similar to that but he didnt leave room for the air to pass, the only sound was coming from the port the rest was stuck in the trunk. it sounded like i was listening to bass in from another car. do you have any pics of your install or the completed box?

No, unfortunately I don't have any of it. Basically I had my box with the subs facing back and there was about 4" of room between the top of the box and the rear deck. Then in the rear deck I cut a hole just big enough for my port to fit into and be flush with the top of the rear deck but still under the cover (so approx 4" of external port). On each side of that I cut out another hole about the same size between the port and the speakers. This allowed a lot more sound to get into the cabin and also with the port going into the rear deck it helped hold my box in place.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

that sound like a

When I had my E320 I had the same problem so I cut out part of the rear deck. Ran my port through it and left room around the port for more sound to get through.

that sounds like a good idea i had an installer build me a box similar to that but he didnt leave room for the air to pass, the only sound was coming from the port the rest was stuck in the trunk. it sounded like i was listening to bass in from another car. do you have any pics of your install or the completed box?

No, unfortunately I don't have any of it. Basically I had my box with the subs facing back and there was about 4" of room between the top of the box and the rear deck. Then in the rear deck I cut a hole just big enough for my port to fit into and be flush with the top of the rear deck but still under the cover (so approx 4" of external port). On each side of that I cut out another hole about the same size between the port and the speakers. This allowed a lot more sound to get into the cabin and also with the port going into the rear deck it helped hold my box in place.

that sounds lioke an excellent idea i had a banpass that was ported directly into the cabin which was hella loud on two ssd's but the box was only good for certain frequencies and the rolloff was horrific . besides i love regular ported boxes because you can get so much out of them i talked to a guy last night who does all kinds of complex boxes and he came up with the same idea you had but he will direct a slotted port into the cab witht the speakers firing backwards and leaving some room for the air to blowback. he even talked to the guys at audioque to see what they suggested for the HDC3s. so as soon as i get the box built hopefully in the next two weeks ill show it off!! thanks for your guys input

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I will be building the box myself. The builder I talked to wants almost four hundred dollars! Gonna point the AQ's to the rear and do a rectangle port into the cab. the box the 12's need to be in is only gonna leave me2 inof clearance for air to pas back thru the rear deck

Archived