2012 Veloster - 1 HDC415 on 1 AQ3500.1

Sick build my man. Thinking about a Veloster for my next car too.

Thanks man. I highly recommend the Veloster or even the Veloster turbo. I've had it one year and it's been a great car. Good gas mileage, plenty of room for subs(if you take the back seats out), and its a looker.

I personally like the looks of the RE:Mix ahha. But your builds' looking good so far.

damn i heard that rage gold stuff is really good. its gonna suck sanding in your car though

Yea I've never used it before but I've heard a ton of good things, mainly that it's really easy to sand it which is what I'm looking for. It really does suck that I have to sand inside my car. I'm just going to wrap everything in plastic and hope for the best. I hope to start on the filler/sanding later this week.

ya man i bet its prob a bitch fiberglassing. that shit is so sticky. what kind did you use?

Shit sticks to EVERYTHING. It's such a pain in the ass when you are having to do it inside the car and are trying not to get it on anything. I hate to say it but I used your regular bondo brand walmart fiberglass resin and matt. It takes forever to fully cure, but it works just fine. The wall curves are starting to get very strong and solid and I think one more layer should do it.

i know dude. that shit is horiblle. i tried a little fiberglass project and i let the shit cure for like 2 days and it was still a little sticky. i just really wanted to do it and didnt wanna wait to buy it online. i was going to buy that rage gold but i gave up on that project.

Yea I was in the same boat. I didn't plan enough ahead. I should have ordered the good stuff online but I waited until the last minute and had to get started. I'm trying to get the car ready for Tocco's pound the ground show on the 24th so I can't wait for something to ship.

That bondo resin works ok if you put an excessive amount of hardener in the mixture, but if you follow the directions on the container, it will just stay sticky for at least a day or 2.

The curves are now very solid and I will do one more layer after work today to top it all off.

Sick build my man. Thinking about a Veloster for my next car too.

Thanks man. I highly recommend the Veloster or even the Veloster turbo. I've had it one year and it's been a great car. Good gas mileage, plenty of room for subs(if you take the back seats out), and its a looker.

I personally like the looks of the RE:Mix ahha. But your builds' looking good so far.

Yea the Mix edition does look pretty sick. They didn't have that when I bought mine or else I would have considered that model.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

needs more port, no? I thought your port area/foot was supposed to be in the 12-16 range. :shrug:

Looks good tho.

I sent an email to Obsidian today asking about the port. I used their recommendations when building this enclosure and when I tested the subs for a week I didn't hear any port noise so I think I'm ok. It's possible that there could be some extra output to be gained with a slightly larger port. I could always just go up with it but I'm limited in height in the back.

Anyone else running obsidian wanna comment on port area?

Keep up the great work I can't wait to see this finished ;) ;)

Thanks sir! I plan to do some sanding and filler on Wednesday evening so expect more pictures then. I'm a total noob when it comes to body filler so this should be a real treat. :P

Your Veloster the turbo? Looks awesome!

I wish.. Its just the non turbo version. I bought it like this because I was going for a money saver gas mileage car and I don't need to go fast. Too many speeding tickets.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

UPDATE:

Wall is basically done... for now. Since I was trying to get the wall ready for the car audio shows next weekend, I ran short on time and didn't get to perfect everything like I wanted to but it still looks good and sounds great. It's got a lot of output for only 2600 watts and 1 battery. Next step will be adding a second battery, then upgrading to a larger sub amp, then adding more components in the doors, then getting beefier subs. One step at a time.

Here are some pics.

Ready to be worked on.

IMAG0277_zpse429dcd1.jpg

Another shot of the subs.

IMAG0276_zps5504afd2.jpg

Putting on that sweet Rage Gold.

IMAG0278_zpse92166fd.jpg

IMAG0279_zps2c3014ab.jpg

A little bit more.

IMAG0280_zps1f4b28b7.jpg

The plastic hardly did anything when it came to sanding. The cleanup of all the dust is still ongoing.

IMAG0281_zps074e17c6.jpg

IMAG0283_zps8fd011ad.jpg

IMAG0284_zps99ac68c3.jpg

This is supposed to be black glass...

IMAG0285_zps13f6e213.jpg

And the finished (for now) product. I may do a more textured look later but this is what I'll run with for now.

IMAG0286_zps42b6d5d7.jpg

She's a dirty girl.

IMAG0287_zps81bac437.jpg

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

hell ya!!! what kinda paint?

I used some black spray paint I found at lowes that was supposed to be textured. It did not turn out like it was supposed to and I will be using a different paint eventually. It'll hold me over for now though.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

i saw exo use just some walmart paint. its like a certain brand thats really shinny and it looks great. also house hold paint works great i use it on all my boxes.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-1-qt-Gloss-Black/17011202 im pretty sure thats the stuff. his shit looks pretty much perfect

Archived