Does it hurt to ground pioneer h/u RCA's before fuse even blows?

Well since every pioneer h/u I've had has had the grounding rcas problem I figure I might as well just ground my new h/u's rcas so that if/when it happens down the road I'll already be covered...Am I right?

EDIT other problems...ipod touch 1st gen wont work, no audio? Are there any firmware updates or anything I can get?

you can, yes. but keep in mind that the fuse that blows inside the pioneers is for protection. it blows because the user shorts out the RCAs. so you clearly keep hot swapping RCAs.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I did it.. No issues

Alright im gonna do it then....

you can, yes. but keep in mind that the fuse that blows inside the pioneers is for protection. it blows because the user shorts out the RCAs. so you clearly keep hot swapping RCAs.

hmm I see...well in the case......I am guilty lol

I always beleive in "if it aint broke dont fix it", however, I can understand you may not want to go back in there if it does present a problem, but you may also want to consider the possibility that you may want to resell it in the future.

Mine recently "broke" from deck flex.. So not just swapping rcas while HU is on will cause it

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived