Sup guys? I have a 2001 dodge ram that I'm trying to get some horses in. I was looking at a bullydog gt programmer. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated! I would like one that calibrates my speed since I have bigger tires! Thanks.

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

hand help programmers are a waste of money. find someone in your area that can either do a street tune or dyno tune. you will be alot happier with your gains and they can recalibrate for tire size also.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

Dyno tuning, your vehicle is put on the dyno and engine parameters are recorded and adjusted. Good tuners can find a ton of power for you this way. Usually pretty pricey.

Street tuning, data is collected via the OBD II plug while driving around town, caled data logging. WIth this data, the tuner can change certain parameters for better daily driveability.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ok thanks, so on a 15 year old work budget a programmer is my best bet? Haha Im not looking for outrages power just a lil. I've already done exhaust and I wanna do headers and cam

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

You're going to need to re-tune it when youdo headers and cams. Go ahead and get the programmer and use the generic tune for now. The dyno shop will need that device to make changes to parameters anyway.

My car is getting a cam swap next week (hopefully). The job will take a day. Then, the entire next day will be for tuning. Its not a simple task, you may want to research the shops in your area and take it to the most reputable, even if it costs more.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

It will need to be dyno tuned. The computer needs to be told that it needs different timing, spark advance, a/f ratio, etc. But they will use the programmer to transfer the new tuning from their computer to your truck.

You can't just swap cams and drive away.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived