Sonic Electronix

Ok, well I have a small problem....when I play my system at a volume of 23, it works loud as hell all day long. But, I've noticed that as soon as I raise it to 25, one of the subs *seems* to stop playing. Now it might be playing fine, but next to the other one, it looks like its dead. Also obviously it gets to be half as loud when this happens. I am trying to be optimistic, and since that each sub has its own amp and that sub sub is on the amp that also shares power with my mid/high amp, I think it simply can't provide any more power and gives up....but I dunnow.... Please tell me this is the problem, because I will put my new alt in and that will go away :P

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

It could lead to a number of things...

It could be that you are clipping your rca outputs on your deck, and the gain/bass boost/freq on one amp is slightly different then the other amp. I also know that my settings on my amp tend to wonder around a bit when I really am beating, I gotta go back in the trunk every now and then and re set the amp.

Id take a DMM and check your voltages on each amp and see if one amp is getting a little more juice then the other, Id also check all your wires and rca's for anything loose.

With that answer, I would say rca's since they have been giving me grief anyway, and are about to be replaced....Thanks man.... I doubt its the gains on the amps, since I have it on master/ slave and when I lower the bass to 23 it goes right back to beating like hell

...would grounding my rca's at the deck( I read it helps) possible fix this problem?

Edited by littleitaly1990

It may help grounding your rca's to your deck, but Im highly doubtful that will solve the problem. The grounding of the Rca's is a fix for the pioneers.

I see you have a alpine headunit. I know on some of the alpine units, they start to clip the rca outputs at around volume 27-29.

One thing id try would be to raise your amp gains up a tad, and then play your radio at a lower volume. Resulting in the same output but just at a lower volume on your headunit.

Then you will know for sure if it was your signal being clipped before if it dont do it with a higher gain setting to compensate the lower volume setting on the headunit. If you follow me.

I never turn my alpine up beyond 26 most the time, and it goes to 35.

It may help grounding your rca's to your deck, but Im highly doubtful that will solve the problem. The grounding of the Rca's is a fix for the pioneers.

I see you have a alpine headunit. I know on some of the alpine units, they start to clip the rca outputs at around volume 27-29.

One thing id try would be to raise your amp gains up a tad, and then play your radio at a lower volume. Resulting in the same output but just at a lower volume on your headunit.

Then you will know for sure if it was your signal being clipped before if it dont do it with a higher gain setting to compensate the lower volume setting on the headunit. If you follow me.

I never turn my alpine up beyond 26 most the time, and it goes to 35.

Well that makes sense to me....and since my subs can probably take all of the 1500 watts those amps and put out, I highly doubt raising the gain a little will hurt me at all.... When I set them I noticed that you try to match to the amount of watts your amp puts out, well I set mine for 1000w, even though they can do up to 1500wrms each....I hope that helps...

I never turn my alpine up beyond 26 most of the time, and it goes to 35.

My alpine deck goes from 0 - 35, clips at 23 (tested with scope).....i thought it was weird because it was far fron the 75% everyone else talked about when setting gains....ended up doing the same thing audiofanaticz said, upped the gains to compensate, no problems now.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

My alpine deck goes from 0 - 35, clips at 23 (tested with scope).....i thought it was weird because it was far fron the 75% everyone else talked about when setting gains....ended up doing the same thing audiofanaticz said, upped the gains to compensate, no problems now.

he's right on the apline deck clipping at volume 23. i had to set my audiocontrol 3.1 off my alpine deck and once i hit 23 or 24 that light would start blinking on the 3.1 signaling "clipped". up the gain on the amp a tad bit.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

he's right on the apline deck clipping at volume 23. i had to set my audiocontrol 3.1 off my alpine deck and once i hit 23 or 24 that light would start blinking on the 3.1 signaling "clipped". up the gain on the amp a tad bit.

clipping is understandable...but while testing it out on the highway earlier I turned it to 25 again just to see and the mid/highs just stopped playing....

My concern is if I do up the gains, my mids/highs will have even more trouble keeping up than they already do (the crappy rca's that I need 20 minutes to change won't allow them to) ..Then again, I still haven't used a dmm to set the gain on my mids amp... If I raise that gain, will it cause it to heat faster? A little off topic but I'm curious....