Sonic Electronix

First decent system help....

Ok guys I need some help here, I'm looking to put a system in my 99 dodge ram 1500 ext cab. I will have to keep the back seat in as I do have an almost 3 year old (who happens to LOVE bass, hell yeah!). I was thinking about mounting the amps under the seat and just running speaker wire to the sub and sit it in the back seat for now, just a temp setup. But I was wondering what subs/amps you all recommend and seem to have the best quality out of. I'm looking to do either a single 12 or 15 in a ported or aeroported box, cant do sealed as I like the long drawn out bass and not the thump. I do want something that can drown out AND piss off the people who like to blare their screamo shit through one speaker at the lights. Dont know what wattage I want to run or brands or anything like that so I didnt know if anybody had any suggestions on sub/amp suggestions. I am completely open to ANY suggestions/ criticism as both are needed to learn from your mistakes. So hit me up guys and let me know what you all suggest.

:drink40:

The other guys could help you more, but I'll go ahead and get these out of the way.

Budget? Are you just going for subs and amp, or do you need a headunit and speakers as well?

Just subs and amp for now, I have some speakers laying around the house and I'm going to use my old headunit from my other car.

How much power are you trying to run? Budget for amp budget for sub or both?

My last setup was a temporary box on the seat strapped down lol...I needed it to come out easy so I could put 3 in the back seat if I had to...but have bass when Im alone.

Without a budget and what kind of electrical you have no one can really give you advice.

If you are looking for a budget build on stock electrical look to Knukoncepts or audiotechnix for wiring kits...order some extra wire in the same size with 6 ring ends to do your big 3 also.

Budget wise for a single 12 build I like my sa-12 alot... I had some skar stuff for a while and liked everything I ordered from them.

For a bang for your bick amp I had a BRZ1200...and its cheap but I never had any problems with mine and played it hard for 2hrs each way to work everyday.

Its all up to your budget man. I had the brz1200 and sa-12 and for both you will spend about 330$. If you are looking for less power you could get a smaller amp and E12 or E15 from sundown and go with cheaper amp. Its all dependant on your budget and electrical and the example I threw out is one of many "budget" builds you could do if moneys an issue. Everyones gonna have their own opinions...

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

If youa ren't looking at doing extra electrical besides the big 3 I would stay under 1500w IMO.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i wouldn't slam the stereo anywhere near full tilt if i had a 3 year old in the car. regardless or not if they like bass/loud music. its TERRIBLE for their ears

Im with you on this Kranny..I missed that part first time around..

OP you should do a box with 2-12's or 2-10's or a singlw 15 and make it removable...take it out when you take the kid anywhere and put it in when the kids not in there. I would never go full tilt even with my little ass T-line when my baby cousins riding with me.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I never have it up with him in there even when we go to car shows well walk around and look at the systems but it never gets turned up when he's in there for sure, cant risk him losing his hearing like I am. I'm only 22 and can barely hear out of my left ear after I popped after a demo about 2 years ago.

I have my sub amp under the driver seat and 4 channel under the passenger seat.

Good thing about our truck ... Is you don't need long runs of wire!!

Also if you have an automatic, there is a nice grommet where the clutch would go to run your 1/0 power wire.

Rear seat comes right out, or there's plenty of room to throw the box on top of the seat.

I really like my dodge it sounds great, its easy to work on, and she has been ol' reliable!

Any questions just let me know!

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

I have a single 15" MTX 9500 with a TE1501d and it is the perfect little set up! I would definitely recommend something down this road, just because it is a nice reliable sub and amp combo. I like MTX but not for the more serious stuff. But for what you're looking for this could be just the ticket. Especially if you're trying to keep it at 1500 watts or under because of your electrical. Im getting rid of mine just because I'm getting more serious, but something like this would give ya what you need. I also like the SA-12 idea too, those are also a very nice, reliable sub!

Archived