Boston Acoustics Pro Series ?

ROLEXrifleman

Nice !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

your gonna pass band them for sure right?

'

also,.. you need to talk to Jon at SS big time as well i think..

ive heard that is what makes or breaks a front image........ that, and placement,.. with proper gear, and all the other stuff..

but,.. im just sayin...

I was a tech ops manager at Comcast till 2009

Awesome ... Im a Maintenance technicain

Are you going for a true stage and image sound or just all around great sounding music ??

Pics of your vehicle's dash and doors would help out here ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I promise I'll get a build log going this week Kyle! I have a day of pencil patrol coming up.

I don't miss getting called at 4:00am cause an outage has gone past 2 hours or another poll with fiber on it was hit by drunk driver! lol

As darcas what way I'm going on the build, more ground pounder than straight SQ though my equipment says otherwise. I need clean bright highs, I love to hear my music. For subs I'm gonna run 4 15" kicker solo baric s15d"s sealed in 1.5 cubes each.

The 1" titanium tweeters from the 4" set are already in the doors by the side view mirrors angled toward the center of the vehicle. The rear deck is running in coaxial mode.

1963cef2.jpg

e8ce7caa.jpg

f903431d.jpg

b0212c46.jpg

IMG_9646.jpg

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

As far as cross over points go,

The 4" set will get cut over at 250hz

If I put the 5.25's in The door with the 4"sill cross them over at 150-175hz.

The 6.5"s will heh cut at 100hz.

And these cuts will bd made at the 3sixty.2 feeding the amps in turn feeding the passive cross overs that come with the kits.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

I don't miss getting called at 4:00am cause an outage has gone past 2 hours or another poll with fiber on it was hit by drunk driver! lol

I understand this my brother ... many years ...

I work midnights to 09:00 now to prevent this from happening in my area ... Works out much better for the entire team ...

Ok ... What type of vehicle is this ??

As far as the tweeters go, I would leave them alone for now as far as location goes ...

If possible ... I would put nothing larger or nothing smaller than a 6.5" driver in those doors with alot of sound deadning material ...

and tune it the absolute best you can before adding the 3rd portion (3 Way) to the equasion ... if possible ...

And I would possibly install those 4" drivers (if needed) either in the kick pannels (aiming the same directions as the tweeters) or factory dash locations (if any) ...

And for the best possible sound, I would have my front end set up to play down comfortably down to 70 htz (lower if possible) ...

That way when you listen to some critical Sound Quality music you can time align your subs to match up with your front stage to get that Awesome "bass thump" on the dash around the center channel area (ask the guys that have demoed my truck about this ... they will tell you about it) ...

Also ... if possible, leave those rears alone. They look like they would sound great as is !!! Just saying ...

Leaving the rears alone is not a problem. The fact is i didnt want to take that deck apart anyway and I do have a Boston Pro Series 6.5 component set i can run run coaxial in that front door. That means I would have the 6.5", 2 1" tweeters in/on the door. I'm not a big fan of kick panels, would a location on the door higher up be ok or is teh trick getting them (the 4") lower?

All of this is in addition to the 5.25's in teh rear. So I'm looking at two 4", two 5.25", 2 6.5" and six 1" titanium tweeters all running on 350 watts per channel ( six channels total) for a total of 2100 watts. That's funny, I'll have more power in mids and highs than some people have in an entire system.

Which leads me to my next ?

Because I'm running that power i dont think I can tune as low as you said without hurting the mid bass drivers. Even with a 24db slope i think I cant do 70hz on teh 6.5"s.

As it is now I "think" im crossed over in the high 100's, maybe even low 200's for teh 4"s and 5.25"s that are in teh car right now to keep them safe. i say think becuase i'm using the x-over built in to the t1000.0 as I havent had the time to set up the 3sixty.2 in car like I wanted. maybe I should hook that up and play with x-over points a little.

BTW, the way its set up now allows me to go max volume on my deck. And it's nice and bright. i even ran teh test tracks on teh Sheffield Labs test disk and they sounded GREAT!

And teh car... the ever popular 1997 Cavalier! lol

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Archived