Sonic Electronix

Upgraded but no noticeable difference...

I redid the wires and it made a pretty big difference I can only imagine whatd it sound like with the right box but this morning i was playing it and it blew my fuse after about 2 minutes of playing. It was a 60a fuse is this too small?

That is WAY too small! You should be using a 200 amp fuse for that. What size wire are you running? Only fuse it at 200 if you're wiring can handle that much amperage.

I have a 200a fuse about 6 inches before the amp its 4ga wire but i should have a 200a fuse right after the battery also instead of a 60a? Also planning on getting 0ga wire soon

I believe 4 gauge is capable of handling 150 amps. So I'd throw a 150 amp fuse on there, but you may still blow the fuse until you can get the 0 gauge on there with a 200 amp fuse.

Tread lightly with these reccomendations. If you honestly don't know what you're telling people, don't misguide them.

First thing is first:

http://en.wikipedia....ican_wire_gauge

Ampacity of 4 gauge wire at 140*F/167*F/194*F = 70AMPS/ 85AMPS/ 95AMPS

This means if you're pulling a consistant 95 Amps through true 4AWG oxygen free copper wire, that wire is going to heat up to almost 200*F.

You reccomend that he fuses his '4 gauge' wire at 150 amps. Not a good reccomendation for a safe daily system. 80-100 amps would be fine in most circumstances.

In the audio industry, these are the tolerances companies come up with for wiring gauges.

398665.jpg

So who's to say that the 4 gauge he's running isn't actually 6 or 8 gauge? Copper clad ALUMINUM 8 gauge marked as 4 gauge wire?

Ryan.... This being said. What type of wire are you running? Let us give you a safer reccomendation on what your wire can be fused at. Car-B-Ques aren't fun... We can keep you from making one if you're willing to learn the correct way of doing things.

You learn something new everyday! Thanks man!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Archived